Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Les claypool and the frog brigade... what is it?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fat jonny, Dec 31, 2000.

1. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    I was looking through to see which concerts are booked to come to my area and one of them was "Les claypool and the frog brigade". Does anyone know what this is? Are they any good? Is it like primus? I was planning on going just to see Les claypool, but I would kinda like to know what i'm in for. Thanks a lot!

2. it´s one of his side-projects.. Primus is on a hiatus(sp?) and now he´s touring with this band... :)

there´s some info on www.lesclaypool.com and I saw him post something about it on the discussion board on www.primussucks.com if I remember correctly... :)

anyway, I think you should go... if anything has the name Les Claypool in it, it MUST be good :D

3. Lance Jaegan

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
    Illinois
    I think part of their set is Pink Floyd, but I could be wrong.

4. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've heard there playing the entire album of Animals by Pink Floyd(there best album IMHO). As well as some Sausage and Primus and what ever else probaly enters the mans mind. You can download a bootleg show of this concert previously done somewhere else at http://www.primussucks.com/boot/boot_main.html check it out. Anyone have any ideas how many damn side prodjects he's got going now anyway..?lol

5. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    Cool, thanks for the info. It sounds pretty sweet. I'm a huge Les Claypool fan, so i'm sure it will keep me entertained. Thanks again!

6. At a gues I'd say it's some bizzarre collection of exceptionally talented, but overbearingly weird musicans whose aim is to play music that is inherenty unpleasant and fundamentally twists your brain through the duration of the album.

...allthough I freely admit that I'm going entirely on the past musical outputs of Les Claypool and chums.

I have 3 Primus albums and Highball with the Devil - while I truly appreciate Les Claypool and his fellow musicians I just dont understand how anyone can play such nasty twisted music ALL the time. Does he never long to play anything that is "just nice"?

Am I the ONLY one who feels this way? Is there someone out there who actually thinks it's nice?

..err...sorry..off topic...