Les Claypool (Awakening Bass Solo)

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by DreamJazz, May 4, 2002.

1. Ok, I started Leanring the Awakening Bass Solo as Recorded by Les Claypool and The Holy Mackeral Yesterday, and I'm can play it all fine up to the solo...once the solo starts I'm either not playing it right or The Transcription on this site may be wrong...anyone here who can play the song, Do you Know if the Tab is Correct or not...and if not do you know where to find a more accurate one ?

Along with the solo I was wondering if anyone Knows if the finger plucked part that starts at 0:52 Is right too ?

For the Solo is there a basic Slap/Pop Rythem I should Try to get in my head like SSPS or SPSS ?
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I started a thread about it a while ago, and i cant get the timing after 52 seconds either...But the transcription isnt right I THINK...ah well, good luck and i sitll dont have it...:mad:
  3. The 'solo' part is all slapped except for the third time through when les just walks down some slap pop octaves.

The finger part is
    1 a2 a 3e +4
    1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

But this is very fast

He variates on this with some straight 16th nots on the 8th bar (i think, might be 6th)

I got the primus version on noteworthy composer but it's played differently.

It's here in tabs and nwc files although the tabs migh be slightly different in places.

u can get nwc from harmony central

Oh and adelaide has the best tap water in the world, then sydney, then melbourne.