Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

les claypool effect should be easy to answer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by warwickben, Nov 21, 2001.

1. what effects does les use on Mr. Oysterhead .i want to know too if any one knows were there are tabs for that song

2. envelope filter and his usual overdriven tone.

3. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    sounds like a little octave in there as well.

4. ive never heard of him using an octave effect before and he pretty much has the exact same sound as he did when he started... well atleast since pork soda.

5. He uses a Sans Amp BDDI, Korg AX300B multi effect and a Boomerang phrase sampler... That's what he said he used on the Oysterhead album.

6. that is exactly the same setup as the frog show... atleast according to Bass Player (they have been wrong before though). He also ALWAYS has a pretty impressive rack with way to many lights constantly flipping out on the floor behind him also and i know ive seen him with large rack setups at primus shows but maybe i am mistaken... with all the effects skerik used ALL the racks and pedals on stage might as well be his. :D

7. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Anyone know how the guitarists antler guitar works? I saw them on HBO and he was using that guitar and it was really wierd how he controlled the sound.

8. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Trey uses a digitech whammy pedal and a phrase sampler to get those wacky synth sounds. He turns the guitar upside-down and knocks around on the antlers to get the strings vibrating, while playing around with the whammy pedal too. I think a lot of it is for show.

9. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I actually thought that the antler guitar had a theremin built in..thus it making sounds when he moved his hand around the horn. It makes more sense to me than the whammy pedal and phrase sampler.

10. I think trey is just using a whammy pedal for that stuff because that sounds exactly what he does normally with that effect.

11. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    The wammy pedal could be cause they never showed his feet. It was pretty weird though.