Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Les Claypool & Limp Bizkit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, May 13, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Have a look under the credits section of this page at who does back ground vocals....

Les & Limp

:eek: :confused:

[EDIT]
    Actually CDNOW.com is a pretty good site, you type in an artists name and it comes up all the peices they have done for a band. EG, Here is a list of all the things Jason Newsted has done, and I had no idea he was the song writer for Voivod.
    Matt Freeman and Jason Newstead did something together with Floatsam and Jetsam :eek:
    Hmm but it also says Cliff Burton played bass for another Metal Act in 1994...:confused:

:D

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    ehhhhh cliff burton... that was an old old disk i think... that contained cliff in his old band trauma... back before he left to goto metallica...they reissued the cd..

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i heard the album just once and i recall he didnt play bass or sing...

he appeared on one of the last songs (well he starts talking about some things i cant remember, he does it at the end of some song then the next song starts)..

make a search on the disk and youll catch it (I actually recognized the voice... then i read about it)

4. Back when I used to like LB (shuttup! :D) I remember that Les talked instead of singing and it was either after a song or a hidden track on the cd.

5. Heh. I was gonna say, his voice is kind of...special, so he seems like an odd choice for backing vocals, but if it's just a speaking part (and since he was already known) I can see that.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah -- that's the band he came from when he joined Metallica in '86.

7. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    an interesting but unrecognized band sometimes.

check out the sir elton cover saturday nights all right for fighting.

8. After the last song, Les makes a speech about radio pop music and how much he hates it and then goes mad and leaves the stuidio (I think... haven't heard it for a couple of years).
    Really funny!

9. Ok, sorry... Who's that by the way?

10. Isn't Matt Pinfield an MTV-VJ? A large bald-headed man, not to be confused with the Robinson fellow?

11. Matt Pinfield is the large, bald rock guru for MTV.

But I just gave the song which you guys refer to a listen, and either it's Claypool, or Pinfield has one heck of a Claypool impression.

12. That explains why Fred says "I gotta' go find that bald bast'rd".

Ok... I gave it another listen. It wasn't really that funny, but it's quite ironic what he says considering what Limp Bizkit have become...:D