1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Les Claypool to play Jimmy Kimmel April 1st

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Steve9842008, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    Les will be appearing and playing to promote his new album "Of Fungi And Foe" (such a sick album) on Jimmy Kimmel April 1st. This should be quite interesting, his new album material is extremely out there, as he said himself it's the most "out there" thing he's produced. Can't wait to hear some of the new stuff live, he skipped the bay area on this tour he just finished up last night in NYC.

2. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    I missed him with the oddity fair on the 10th and my girlfriend can't figure out why I'm grumpy today.

3. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    Aw man, that blows. This line up of openers he was bringing along looked really interesting. I saw Secret Chiefs 3 a year ago on his last tour when they opened for Les in San Francisco and they were amazing. I was hoping to see them again but Les didn't play the bay area with the Faire. I got to see him on New Years though with Zappa Plays Zappa, so I'm not one to complain.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Saw him on the 14th. Super badass show! Yard Dogs were fantastic as well.

5. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    His new carl thompson is beautiful also. Hopefully he uses it on Kimmel. Looked like he used it all this tour too

6. I saw him on the 24th with Secret Chiefs and Saul Williams, all three of them were mind blowing.

7. sofnlo

sofnlo

Dec 29, 2004
    lex,ky
    I dont want to be the only one bashing him,but i just cant listen to his music anymore,maybe if primus did something then id get into it but the kimmel show was just blahh to me

8. I missed it

9. i watched him on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. He didn't even touch his bass while he was on the air. He played a different 5 string instrument(not a 5-String Bass) which I can't identify at this time. Whatever the song he played was called; it was pretty good.

10. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Here's the clip from the show:

That's his five string EUB. It's an NS one.

11. BigSatan

BigSatan

Jan 25, 2009
  12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    ^Bass Dobro not resonator. Kinda the same thing, but this ones a dobro. I love the sound of it though.

13. BigSatan

BigSatan

Jan 25, 2009
    Thanks for the correction:oops:
    And it sure does sound neat!

14. I love the song Red State Girl, glad he played it.

15. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

16. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    ^ I would really love to have one of those.

17. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    Yeah Red State Girl is one of my favorites off the new album. I can't wait until they post the full show on abc.com. I really want to hear the rest of Booneville Stomp. Such a shame that got cut off.

18. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Wow, Claypool really cuts into the Red's on that one. Sarah Palin...

19. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009

HAHAH you can tell most of the people in the crowd are like "*** is this crap"

20. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    That bass dobro sounds incredible. I'm so all over this new record.