Les Claypool Update!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by GSRLessard14, Feb 15, 2006.

1. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    PrawnSong Newsletter that was released today:

Oysterhead AND Les Claypool are both performing!

Oysterhead - featuring Les Claypool, Trey Anastasio and Stewart Copeland will be making their first concert appearance since their 2001 tour!

Les Claypool and his fancy band will also be playing at Bonnaroo this year. The festival takes place June 16-18 in Manchester, Tennessee.

Get your tickets now before they sell out...

New Album and Tour Dates

A brand new studio album from Les Claypool is due out in May on Prawn Song Records. Les will also be on tour in late Spring/early Summer (dates TBA).

In addition to their Bonnaroo performance, Les and his fancy band are also playing the Wakarusa Music & Camping Festival which takes place June 8-11 in Lawrence, Kansas.

Get tickets and all the details here:

The Debut Novel from Les Claypool

A dark, clever tale of two brothers, a fishing trip, misconceptions, drugs and murder, South of the Pumphouse skillfully combines classic motifs of epic struggle and intelligent layers of imagery, reminiscent of The Old Man and the Sea, and the raw, tweaked perspective and hallucinogenic tutorial of a Hunter Thompson novel.

Look for Les' first novel "South of the Pumphouse" to be released in July 2006! More info soon...

Quest For Festeroo - The Movie!

Les Claypool's directorial debut "Electric Apricot: Quest For Festeroo" will be unveiled for select festival screenings. Written by and staring Les, the movie takes you on a comedic ride with Electric Apricot as they navigate the jam scene, making their first record and their debut appearance at the one and only Festeroo.

The movie features jam band legends including the Grateful Dead/Ratdog's Bob Weir, Mike Gordon from Phish and Warren Haynes and Matt Abts from Gov't Mule. There are even comedic cameos from Seth Green, Arj Barker and South Park's Matt Stone.

The film will be screened at the Tiburon Film Festival on March 15th and the Portland Lonbaugh Film Festival on April 6th.

For additional info see:

:hyper: he's a busy guy! I'M PUMPED.
  2. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    What about Primus? lol. Has something happened I don't know about, or are they still going?
  3. Oysterhead is back!
    i hope they go n tour again!
  4. GSRLessard14

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    Doesn't everybody? Primus is still around, Les just needs to do what he has to do and go back to Primus when he WANTS to.

No sense going back prematurely and facing another burn out or a half-assed album.

Primus will be back after this next solo album, that's my bet.
  5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Screw Primus, they suck - more Oysterhead please!
    I just hope they practice a little :meh:

Long live Lapdog.
  6. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Oysterhead was the best Claypool concert I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few of them.
  7. Les Claypool, Trey Anastasio and Stewart Copeland? how can you lose?
  8. how could you lose??

umm...... trey, dude. yeah.

9. primus are in the studio recording a new album. they are due to go back on tour later this year. les has so many solo projects going on at the moment he'll probably go back to primus full-time once the loose ends are tied up
  10. GSRLessard14.....you just made '06 a very VERY happy year for me.
  11. GSRLessard14

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    I was quite psyched myself. Glad to hear it!
  12. I want more Oysterhead and more Primus.