Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Les Claypool

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Liam11, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Liam11

Liam11

Sep 18, 2002
    western mass.
    anyone heard the new frog brigade album?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No! I really want to hear it though. I had high bid going on Ebay for it but the auction got cancelled because apparently it was a promo copy or something and someone told Ebay. I had no idea, I just wanted the CD.

Anyway...I really dug the live frogs CD's (especially Set 1) and I'm curious about this. I feel like Claypool has really revived himself or something in the past few years or just gotten more excited about his music again and that really shows through in his recordings. I think it has also helped him to play with a lot of new musicians.

Maybe you should edit your post and reference the Frog Brigade in the title so that people don't think this is just another thread about whether or not Claypool "sux" or "rawks." ;) Just a friendly suggestion to keep this thread lively!

brad cook

3. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    THE CD IS AMAZING.... I was so excited to see that UPS visited today with my CD (and sticker). If you saw Les this summer on tour the songs are the same, but it seems he rocked them out a bit more on tour (more bass (stronger and out front more), more agression, more craziness). This recording seems a 'bit mellow for him and the brigade, but not mellow at all....nonetheless very awesome bass lines, crazy lyrics, interresting noises coming from all over...Les played several instruments including guitar and drums...so that's cool stuff....This will be in my cd player for quite a long time....

4. ****ing sic.iam seeing him soon.2 times with in 6 moths yeah.the cd insane. need to find that bass player to get the tabs in it.

5. one_skunk

one_skunk

Apr 30, 2001
    florida
    just got this myself but no liner notes , unusual that no lyrics are provided . was this just mine or is this the way all were shipped ????

6. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hey, I got a whole poster inside of mine and all of the notes are on the back. This cd has played about 12 times today and I'm still diggin it...this is starting to take my favorite spot in the Les line-up.

7. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I thought the cd comes out on the 27th

8. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I bought my copy at Tower Records here in Austin and i must say that its very interesting. I really don't know how to describe it. If you have any interest in it, buy it. Its worth it. I also dig how the actual cd is an onion slice.:D

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I don't know........I'm still getting used to it! Same thing with the new Billy Sheehan/ Terry Bozzie C.D.
    A little different than I was expecting. I picked up the new Bonnaroo fest C.D. and there is a cool version of Les & Frog Brigade doing Tull's Locomotive Breath!