Les Claypool

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by axman, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Just wondering if any Wisconsin TBers are going to the Less claypool show Nov.23rd. At the rave in Millwaukee?
  2. Liam11

Sep 18, 2002
    western mass.
    I will go see him tomorrow in Northhampton MA.
  3. Liam11

Sep 18, 2002
    western mass.
  4. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Liam, I'm from East Longmeadow-- where are you from?
  5. Liam11

Sep 18, 2002
    western mass.
    I'd never tell "The Lurker" were I actually lived.
  6. Hey liam11 let me know how the show is i never seen him before. Kinda wondering if i should blow off deer hunting to got to the show??
  7. Liam11

Sep 18, 2002
    western mass.
    ive seen the frog brigade once before. it was a awesome show.
  8. GO! Les puts on quite a show...I saw him with once oysterhead and twice with the Frogs. Quality entertainment. i think it could compete with shooting animals in the woods, but who knows?
  9. The only reason i was saying not shure if i should go or not. Becouse up untill i was a member of this forum i never even heard of him. And still havent heard his music.:rolleyes: So im not shure i will even like the music.
  10. I think anyone could appreciate his music if they have an open mind...particularly bassists. I say give him a try...chances are you'll like it. And tickets are probably 20 bucks at the most.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, I'll be there.
  12. sleazylenny

Jun 20, 2002
    Mpls, MN
    You haven't heard any of Claypools music? If you keep an open mind you'll be entertained, but prepare yourself for a bit of a shock. Les is definately not a conventional bassist and what he does may not at first seem like bass playing at all.

I saw him live at an outdoor gig back in '99. Unfortunately I didn't think the show represented sonically what he's really all about. I really like Primus alot, so my mind could fill in the blanks where the P.A. failed to come across.

Sooooo.....get yourself familiar with his stuff before the show. I've heard nothing other than the Primus stuff ( contemplating picking up Purple Onion. Is it any good?)
    I recommend "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" , "Tales from the Punchbowl " and "The Brown Album" from Primus.
  13. man, JT, i dont know, i do NOT recommend purple onion. i got that cd 2 days after it came out, but i found it used. it sucks, dont get me wrong i love primus, i grew up on primus, thats how i learned bass but this stuff is just crap, i dont know. i lost interest in his stuff after Antipop came out. heres my one piece of advice for you.

Download a couple of tracks and see how you like it.

i didnt and now i cant get rid of that cd...
  14. Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've noticed it's usually a love/hate thing with Claypool and his music...I personally love it....

You can always to to Les Claypool's Page and check out some of his stuff.

Or, go here : Frog Brigade Live! and watch them in action - great stuff I think :cool:

Take care!
  15. hey,i loved them forever but now... i dontknow. i guess i just miss seas of cheese and brown album stuff.