Les Godfrey "Dragonetti" Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrettAM, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Mmmmm, isn't she beautiful? It has a cherry body and cherry neck. The fingerboard is Ipe with birch fretlines. It has a 34 inch scale and has a compound radius to the fingerboard. The pickup is a Kent Armstrong with a single tone control. The bridge and nut are ebony and the tailpiece is brass.

Anyone want to purchase my Ric and my Danelectro Hodad for 1900 bucks?
  2. Woah! That is a rather unique body style.

The one pick up one knob reminds me of Wishy. :p

Wouldn't be too comfortable sitting down, but it's looks kinda cool.
  3. Actually I've played one bass that had a very similar body style and since the cutouts were very well rounded off it didn't dig into my leg at all. And that was made out of Mahogany! Imagine it with cherry, you probably couldn't even feel it there.
  4. thats a carl thompson isn't it? I saw it on his site. It might be the one claypool is holding at the entrance to his site too, i gotta check.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nope. It has that CT vibe, but it's not a CT.
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I've played a Les Godfrey Dragonetti that was identical to the one in the pic (or perhaps it was the one in the pic). Very nice, really almost an upright tone when you back off the tone knob. Les is based here in Toronto and I've seen his work in a couple different stores. Check out: www.12fret.com
    They are great basses that sound and play very well. Droppedsignal, you weren't too far off on the CT thing. Les worked under Carl Thompson for a while so it's only natural that he picked up the same vibe.
  7. mmmm, very tasty.
  8. i stand corrected, you still might be able to see the thompson 1 on his site.