1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

les paul bass plans or guitar plans to bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chilepunkbass, Oct 31, 2013.

1. chilepunkbass

chilepunkbass

Apr 15, 2013
    $hile
    hi
    i am triyng to build a les paul bass with printed guitar plans so i need to know how to convert the body to a bass size, because it might be too small
    :help:

2. MIMJAZZ

MIMJAZZ

Dec 13, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I'd say take a trip to the kinkos, start makin measurements, and compairing them to other Les Paul basses.

Either that or grab some really really heavy body wood.

3. chilepunkbass

chilepunkbass

Apr 15, 2013
    $hile
    I can`t, there isn`t a sigle les paul bass in my country:crying:

4. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz Banned

Oct 29, 2013
    Edinburgh - Scotland
    The guy who put this up runs a pretty funny blog. His email discussions with Chinese vendors are pretty hilarious, as are his reviews of various Chinese kit and production instruments.

I think a Les Paul bass body is longer, though not any wider, than a guitar body. A straight-up 'bassification' of the guitar would require the bridge to be moved much further back.

I personally think Brice do the most elegant Les Paul bass, using a two-piece bridge to echo the looks of the original guitar;

albassowh5.

5. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    youre building it yourself? eh just eyeball it.

seriously tho, i would make some ergonomic changes to the design if youre building from scratch, unless youre trying to be completely true to factory? lp style basses have always felt uncomfortable to me.

im sure someone on here with a lp bass would be more than glad to take some measurements for you.

6. Hi.

+1 for just eyeballing it.

As a someone who thinks the LP is by far the best solid body guitar design ever, I don't like "standard" LP basses one bit.

The body (AFAIK guitar body, but don't quote me on that ;)) is just too small not to look out of proportion as a bass.

That's why Gibson introduced the oversize LP bass, but IMHO, that don't quite cut it either.

Make a mock-up body from some cheap material and make it work :).

Regards
    Sam