les paul bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macbeth56, Jan 13, 2004.

1. I LOVE les paul basses, the epiphones look nice, the gibsons look nice, the ESP's look nice. Esp i think just let them out, and i can't find one.

yet.. ive never seen anyone play one, and no stores hold them.
    its so sad :bawl:

whats wrong with them? how come no one has them?
    do you guys like them?
  2. TurboRawker

TurboRawker Guest

Oct 23, 2003
    So. Car.
    I have no idea how they play, but IMO the LP body looks disproportioned under a bass neck. It's similar to how the Thunderbird looks better with a long neck as opposed to a short one.
  3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I played one some time back, and recall really liking it, but the inherent neck dive issue keeps me from ever wanting to own one.
  4. fishy

fishy Guest

Dec 13, 2002
    courtice, Ontario
    I have an epiphone les paul bass, and yea, the body is really small compared to the neck, and the neck dive is terrible. The neck feels ok, but is kinda round. The strap button by the neck is in a horrible position! If you have a normal strap it falls off, and if you have one of those planet wave straps it doesn't fit. (i had to drill a new hole higher up). Sorry about rambling on. lol
  5. bass-skin

Jul 17, 2003
    buffalo NY
    i have a gibson les paul standard and let me tell you it is sweet! incredible smooth playing very clear tone, the pickups are real powerfull and sound awesome. The ebony finger board gives it a lot of snap. I haven't had much neckdive problems with it my only derogitory comment would be that slap on it sounds kind of bad, which is too bad because it slaps very nicely for me.