Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Les Paul Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Jan 1, 2002.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Does anyone have one... are they any good?

2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    dont have one, but ive played one in a store once.... very neck heavy. looked to be nicely constructed, but i didnt like the tone too much either. (thats a matter of personal taste though, i can see how some people would love them) didnt play too well IMO, neck was too thick, and i didnt like the radius. but you oughtta try one out, it may be your cup o tea.

3. My history teacher has one and swears by it, he loves the bass, it looks nice, plays well, and has great tone

4. The ones that i saw were like $200 or $250, and for that price, they were really great, the 5 string one i'm talking about. I don't know about any other models, but those, for the price, were really nice.

5. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    IMO, les paul basses look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. ick! :eek: :cool:

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like the look of the Les Paul bass (mostly because I like the look of the guitar), but have never really heard any raves about the sound. Now, if MFC is talking about Gibson Les Paul basses at $200 - $250, I'll take as many as you've got. Last time I looked, they list at over $2,500.

7. don't be so greedy Munji... let a few of us in on the steal too! ;)

8. No, sorry Munji, it's the Epiphone one, but still, for that price, it was pretty sweet. Relatively speaking of course.