1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LeSon Tweeter for SWR...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JazznFunk, Sep 24, 2008.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I have a LeSon tweeter in an SWR Workingman's 2x10 cab that has kicked the bucket. I'm wondering if anyone knows where these can be purchased, aside from contacting SWR/Fender. Or, if someone out there has one that they don't need anymore, that would also be an option.

Any ideas for supply shops that might carry them?

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Here you go:

https://www.martinsoundpro.com/item.asp?id=414

It's the same unit that was OEM in your SWR, except that it has a grill. The TLC-1 has no grill, but Martin Sound is out of them. I have used both interchangeably. This is an excellent price by the way-it's on clearance, so I recommend buying several. I originally contacted LeSon in Brazil who connected me with the U.S. importer. She sent me a few and referred me to Martin Sound...I've been a customer of theirs ever since.

Kim

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Wonderful! By chance, do you know what the price is on the tweeter? It just says to call for price... so that doesn't help me. PM me if you'd rather not post here. Thanks!

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Can Piezo tweeters burn out? Have you checked the wiring, switch, etc.?

There is a place in Bensenville, IL that sells them. They sell a lot of Fender/SWR parts on eBay.

Quick search...here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Genuine-SWR...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I had one, I think I gave it to Unclejam about 6 months ago, perhaps you can talk him out of it...

5. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Hey Billy... I really don't know what the issue is. I bought the cab used, in great shape. I knew immediately that the tweeter wasn't working so I first checked the backplate with the switch and all was well, then checked the connections to the tweeter... they were good as well. So, I pulled an identical tweeter out of another SWR amp and that tweeter worked fine. So, something is up with it. I guess I could crack the other one open, but I don't know what I'll find. Any suggestions?

6. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I PM'd you last night.

7. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Hey Kim... so sorry it took this many days to reply to you. I was gigging from Thursday to Saturday straight... 2 gigs on Saturday. Anyway, I found a place that had the tweeter in stock at a reasonable price and ordered one. I probably should have gotten 2, but I wasn't able to justify it at this point. Hopefully they'll be available down the road if I need another. Thanks for your help!

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    They're not stout tweeters.
    I've killed them in my Henry 8x8.
    I recommend keeping them turned nearly off to prolong their lifespan.
    Much louder than that, they don't sound good anyway.

9. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Agreed, Chef. I never like the tweeters full-on when I use an SWR head with my SWR cabs; I usually turn the tweeter halfway on or off altogether, and roll off some treble on the amp. My Eden head seems to be much lighter on the treble and I can run them on full and not have to cut any treble at all. I'm pretty easy on them... not a fan of a lot of treble... just enough to have a snap on the top end when necessary.

Cheers!