Less Than Jake bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by 5s_tring freak, May 12, 2001.

1. I'm a brand new member but I have been observing for a while and I cant believe that noone has mentioned Roger from Less than Jake.
    The stuff he plays is pretty tricky at times, especially because he plays with the bass around his balls and uses a pick
  2. haha, roger is awesome. I saw them at warped tour 98' and he tore it up. THe best bassline he ever wrote is on Jonny Quest thinks we're sellouts. Minor ska, crazy!
  3. dawgawd

Mar 23, 2000
    i just noticed this forum existed and decided to come in and spread LTJ propaganda but was pleased to see you are already at work. WOO HOO! roger kicks ass. hey, does anybody have any LTJ tab that's not posted on here? I've kinda figured out black coffee... but I haven't quite figured out the bridge very well. He's awesome, and he's really progressed too, if you listen to all the albums through pezcore, especially losing streak, you can hear his progression. He's one of the few people who can use a pick good. The reason he probably hasn't been mentioned is that people seem to hate ska... i don't know why, I love it. Happyman has such a stylish bassline.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I just saw the Queers, and Roger was in the audience. I never usually go into pits, but I went in that night just so I could say I was in a pit with Roger. He came to watch this band from Nashville... can't remember their name. They have a female bassist. Ah well.

I also saw him when he was playing bass at the Less Than Jake/New Found Glory/AntiFlag/That Band I can't Remember show in Milwaukee. Good stuff. They really go all out during their shows. I went just to see New Found Glory but left pleasantly surprised by Less Than Jake.