Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lessons around Bham, AL

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by got2getbetter, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Just looking for some lessons around Birmingham, AL. I'm taking lessons now from a guy but he's not a very good teacher. Thanks in advance

2. Where you live in the Ham, got2?

3. near 5 pts. south, I know of some places that give lessons, just wanted ot see if anybody had some feedback on some instructors

4. Hmm. To tell you the truth, I haven't heard of any stellar teachers in the area. You might want to check over at Highland Music on University (if you are heading away from downtown towards Forest Park, it's the little pink building on your left). I was there a little while ago and overheard someone talking about an excellent jazz bass instructor. They are very cool people there.

The only other option I know of is to talk to some of the bass players in the area and see if either they are willing to give lessons or know of someone who does. A couple bassists here are very, very good and don't mind talking about the scene (including myself).

Hope this helps. Are you playing with anybody currently?