1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$ lessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by RyKnoz, Jul 24, 2002.

1. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    Just wondering what you guys pay for your lessons. I pay $44 an hour but HE'S A REALLY GOOD TEACHER AND PLAYER!!! But then again maybe it's just because he went to ozzfest that I think he's so kool...

2. $50/hr. But I do 1/2 hour lessons. Pretty well known bassist.

3. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    $40/hour, $10 more than his usual rate because he comes to my apartment. Still worth it, though...

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    $35/hr. He undercharges.

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    $30 an hour for my teacher. Considering his credentials and ability, it's quite a steal.

6. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    Dublin
    $30 / hr.

I'm happy to pay it, I feel I'm progressing far faster than I would have done otherwise.

No big name but very well qualified and a good teacher.

7. I only get to do it for a half-hour at a time :(. Rate is 15 buck for 30 mins. He is an excellent bassist and teacher, but I'm a little dissapointed with the theory (or lack thereof) that I'm learning. I do like the way that he'll teach me any song that I want, and only the songs that I want to learn.

8. £10 ($15) per hour, with a pro session player, and he comes to me. Me thinks i have found a good one here! :)

*Si*

9. Undercharging at $35/hour.

10. nikofthehill

nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    $35/hr

well worth every penny
    -nik

11. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    $32 / hour but I take .5 hour lessons per week.

Worth every penny. Primarily we work out of Chuck Rainey's "Complete Electric Bass Method: Vol. 1", but he'll go off the beaten path and teach me anything I want to know. He's the bassist of a local band that was just voted "Best Groove Rock Band" for 2002 in my area (Rane). You can download their music (legally of course) from http://www.projectflood.com