$ lessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by RyKnoz, Jul 24, 2002.

1. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    Just wondering what you guys pay for your lessons. I pay $44 an hour but HE'S A REALLY GOOD TEACHER AND PLAYER!!! But then again maybe it's just because he went to ozzfest that I think he's so kool...
  2. $50/hr. But I do 1/2 hour lessons. Pretty well known bassist.
  3. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    $40/hour, $10 more than his usual rate because he comes to my apartment. Still worth it, though...
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    $35/hr. He undercharges.
  5. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    $30 an hour for my teacher. Considering his credentials and ability, it's quite a steal.
  6. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    $30 / hr.

I'm happy to pay it, I feel I'm progressing far faster than I would have done otherwise.

No big name but very well qualified and a good teacher.
  7. I only get to do it for a half-hour at a time :(. Rate is 15 buck for 30 mins. He is an excellent bassist and teacher, but I'm a little dissapointed with the theory (or lack thereof) that I'm learning. I do like the way that he'll teach me any song that I want, and only the songs that I want to learn.
  8. £10 ($15) per hour, with a pro session player, and he comes to me. Me thinks i have found a good one here! :)

9. Undercharging at $35/hour.
  10. nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA

well worth every penny
  11. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    $32 / hour but I take .5 hour lessons per week.

Worth every penny. Primarily we work out of Chuck Rainey's "Complete Electric Bass Method: Vol. 1", but he'll go off the beaten path and teach me anything I want to know. He's the bassist of a local band that was just voted "Best Groove Rock Band" for 2002 in my area (Rane). You can download their music (legally of course) from http://www.projectflood.com