Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I want to take bass lessons....i've been playing just under two years...my friend reccomended this one place where he studied piano at(he is now a genius on piano and is getting there on trumpet) i just don't kno about the cost

it is $120 dollars a months for 4 lessons(1 hour each) which works out to 30 per lesson...is this a pretty average price? the place is good....i kno alot of kids that have went there and are now great on the instument...

basically what the average price per hour for a lesson...cuz when i heard 30...i thought it might be too high...but i wanted to ask you guys before making a final decision...also if could reccomend and good places in the Philly area it would be helpful also...the place is called Tirpak Music Studio ....so yeah...any input would be kool

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    $30 an hour is what I charge here in Louisville, and seems to be the going rate outside of the really huge cities where everything is more expensive. There's a thread about this in this forum somewhere if you want to do a search and look it up.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I pay $40 an hour for my lessons. And my teacher is giving me the "college student special"! $30 for a whole hour seems very reasonable.