lessons!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Mar 16, 2010.

1. am going to start taking some lessons under this really cool teacher who says he can figure out a lesson plan according to what i want to work on. so primarily i do not want technique lessons really but more of music lessons, am thinking about making a list. please help me add to it

primary:
    1. ear training
    2. harmony/ composition
    3. groove study

secondary:
    1. finger style speed/consistency dexterity training
    2. improving reading

2. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    Why would you not want to practice technique? Yeah, it gets boring to practice, but that's what makes a good player.

3. i have decent technique out of a few years playing, its the music part i want to get much better at

4. SamTHorn

SamTHorn

Mar 18, 2010
    Hi there.

My son already plays and I would like to learn the basics if I can, online. Does anyone know of any where online where I can learn.

Thanks a bunch.

~ Sam

5. www.studybass.com

6. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    You might use your teacher to broaden your musical view.

Genre you might never have otherwise listened to.

Learn pieces, songs, tunes.
    If you play "popular" styles, standards, song structure and (sight) transposing are good to do.

7. cool! thanks

8. SamTHorn

SamTHorn

Mar 18, 2010
    Thank you so much for that link. It looks very informative and I am going to start it immediately.

~ Sam

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    if a teacher allowed me to dictate the direction of the lessons, i wouldn't go. if you're seeking a teacher, then you're not qualified to write the lesson plan.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021