Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lessons

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by ashton, Apr 2, 2003.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    would it not be a good idea to have something like day to day lessons or a place where people can post things they think necessary?

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Isn't that what all the other forums provide between them? A wealth of 'lessons' for those who've got ears to hear (and some ability to discern what's worth listening to).

Wulf

3. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    I mean more specific, get others up to speed so they can understand all what the theory guys post here.

its not like someone who just picked up the bass can understand a Bflat-minor-diminished this or that.

ill shut up now

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

5. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    I have read through all those articles many times and still want more, am i just greedy?

I understand most or all of the content in them aswell.

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Ask in the other forums and you'll be inviting the spontaneous creation of lessons that will help you and maybe the anonymous lurker who's struggling with B flat minor diminished....

The problem with trying to get some kind of lesson a day going is that you've got to find someone willing to make the time investment to keep it running.

BTW, have you checked out http://www.activebass.com? Plenty of lessons there.

Wulf

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

This reminded me of the "Fast Show" ....

So - [opens barn door] :

"This week I have mainly been practicing ....B flat minor diminished!!"

[Closes door]

;)

8. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Ashton,

You are supposed to learn to PLAY THEM!

As long as music remains an aural art form, understanding is second.