1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lessons?

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by Dazzare, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Dazzare

Dazzare

Dec 3, 2011
    Hey Ant I'm considering taking lessons from you. Any prerequisites I should be prepared if I travel down this road? (Skype Lessons XD)

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Yo Dazzare,

There are no prerequisites because There is nothing that can prepare you for lessons with me. I start every student from the beginning and we move faster through the stuff that the students knows well. But what I've found is that great 'physical' players usually aren't knowledgeable so they need just as much fundamentals are beginners.

Make sure that you have discipline and a desire to learn and work hard. The information will be overwhelming at times because I'm always guilty of giving too much information out.

You'll need a pencil and paper, a metronome and a voice recorder. An accompaniment machine is also recommended. I use the Boss Jamstation. But I also use the iReal b app for iPhones and Android phones.

Go to the Bassology website and read the student policy.

www.bassology.net

Just shoot me a text when you're ready.

peace,
    anthony

3. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    wow, watching your youtube vid's...wish I could take lessons from you....I dig the way you teach!!

4. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks Jarrydee!

I'm having fun. AND my students my students are getting full scholarships to colleges and major gigs.

peace,
    anthony

5. sonofabass

sonofabass

Feb 10, 2006
    California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Mike Lull,MXR,Gruv Gear, Mono
    Do it! I've been playing for 20+ years and have a performance degree and I've learned so much from Anthony.

I sometimes talk about the cat like I'm a groupie but the truth is that there are tons of great players who claim to be great teachers and very rarely is it the case. Anthony is a great balance.

Pedagogically sound teaching methods.

6. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks Blyss!

I really appreciate you singing my praises. It's really weird,...I try not to promote myself. I think that eventually the serious people while end up with me. That's why I don't advertise. I just don't want anyone who is not ready.

Have fun at NAMM!!

-ant

7. sonofabass

sonofabass

Feb 10, 2006
    California
    You can thank me by giving me that 96.2% discount on my next lesson. Lol

I hear you man. I admired from a distance , took the leap and glad I did. Glad to call you a mentor and a friend. You're a bassists bassist.

I'll tell the guys at NAMM "hey" for you!

Cheers bro,
    Blyss

That was the most RANDOM percentage I could think of....while driving...with my knee. I'm so bad, I know. lol

8. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Yo Blyss,

Our first 'face-to-face' lesson will be a gift.

thanks,
    ant

9. sonofabass

sonofabass

Feb 10, 2006
    California
    It's on like hot buttered pop'con ! :)

10. Dazzare

Dazzare

Dec 3, 2011
    Thanks for the Reply guys. I do really look forward to taking lessons from a master teacher.