1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Let It Roll - Little Feat

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Deathblade Eric, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Tried a Google search here for it & couldn't find much, so...

Does anyone have the tab (or the dots) for this?
    It's bugging me...

I'm fine with the overall structure but it's the signature hook & the little brassy links that have it in for me.

Here's a youtube take of the studio cut off the album of the same name:

Notation is fine too. Can't read for toffee, but it'll encourage me!

BTW if there's anyone who doesn't think this is a killer tune, I'd suggest seeing a Doctor... or possibly an Undertaker.

Pete.

2. the geetar rags are not stocked with much little feat,and i'd like to find more....dixie chicken is the only one i've seen....there's a great clip on utube of them doing it with bonnie raitt,emmylou harris and jessie winchester....

3. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Little Feat=full of win.

The most amazing band.

4. woodsideh

woodsideh

Feb 19, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey guys I am subscribing because I would love to have this tab also.

Also, you might want to join the Facebook group "Little Feat deserve induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame"

5. mrbass6891

mrbass6891

May 26, 2016
    Boston, MA
    probably too late for anyone on this original thread--but nonetheless, I too searched for this tune and found nothing. I ended up transcribing it--the attached file is pretty accurate, note that in some spots I've adapted it to be more lead sheet like (open vamps for the solos for instance), also the 2nd and 3rd time through the line is played more freely in spots--they were clearly riffing and having fun in the studio. In any event I hope this transcription may prove useful for someone out there....

Attached Files:

6. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Nice job with it. Oh and welcome aboard.

7. thanks for sharing

8. Radio

Radio

Jan 8, 2010
    New Haven, CT
    Thank-you. Love me some Feats, who are coming to Portchester, NY this fall.

9. mrbass6891

mrbass6891

May 26, 2016
    Boston, MA
    glad to be here--frankly have no idea why I didn't join sooner

10. funkbrother13

funkbrother13

Jul 30, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thank You!!!

11. On my wish list. Thanks for sharing with us.

slagheap likes this.