Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let Me Here Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kickinbass, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    First let me say this is not my first bass, i have a 95' Fender Pbass and Washburn XB120, My 12 year old daughter had bought this for me for christmas. They say msrp 499 but they offer it for 299. she (or my wife ) bought it brand new from the site below for 83.usd.off ebay. I figure for $83 that's not a bad deal. So, can anyone tell me if they have heard of this bass and any info or reviews would be appreciated thnks

http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extras/GASSites/ADFB4blnd Site/

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Your link didn't copy correctly..

3. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    the link works now, sorry let me know.

4. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    go to www.aslindane.com
    turns out those things are made 15 minutes from me

5. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    I check that site out but unfortunately the only one you can't get any info on is the fatback 4J. that's mine. thanks so since ther only a few minutes away what have you heard about them.

6. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Actually, I havent heard anything. I never knew that they were there. How bad could it be for 86 bucks? made in america too. looks like a decent ash body, nice fit and all. good luck.

7. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    These were reviewed, mini reviewed actually as part of a 25 bass under $800.00 big review, and I recall them saying it sounded and played nicely and was able to achieve good tones from the pups which are spaced slightly outside standard J spacing. Look for that issue, maybe Oct. or Nov. 03?

8. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    if you do a google you can find that review

9. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    thanks guys i found the review and it was given a pretty good review. I guess since it lists pretty high and i got it for under 100 i can't complain if your interested i copied the site below i'll let you know how it sounds when i get it in the next week or so. thanks again this form truely rocks.
    http://www.bassplayer.com/archive/1203/1203_Features1_soundroom.htm

10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    What a nice family you have! :)

Enjoy the bass and don't ever sell it!

Marshall

11. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    It is sure a nice looking bass. Let us know how it plays and sounds.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks nice. Diamondwood fingerboard is a cool touch. Nice body wood as well. Looks like it should be nice, and for that price? Sweet. if you like the way it plays, maybe drop some new pickups in it if the stock ones dont cut it (cheaper basses usually can always be upgraded for the better with new pickups).

EDIT: The bass definitely has nice features though. A graphite nut, ash body, those things dont come on cheapo basses so thats a good sign. Looks very promising. :hyper:

13. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
  14. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hear, not here ;)