Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let me hope to be the first to tell you (Digitech EX-7)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stingus, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ...That the Digitech Expression Factory is the REAL DEAL

http://www.digitech.com/products/EX7/

I had a chance to try out the Expression Factory at Professional Music Center in Des Moines, and it ROCKS!!

Whammy, Wha, Leslie, A/DA Flanger, and some other stuff PLUS the Distortion Factory models too!!!

I gotta get one. Anybody else??

2. I can't believe I have to bump this!

this pedal rocks!!

3. I want. How much?

4. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, someone posted this a couple weeks ago actually, but it's all good :D

I for one want to know how the Whammy function sounds in comparison to a WH4. Since I mainly want it for the pitch shifting anyway, this might be a better deal for me than just getting a Whammy, and it's the same price. Hopefully the stores near me will get these in soon!

-Dash

5. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    I'd like to get it just for Space Station model, which is worth the whole pedal! :D ;) What about the price?

6. its nice to see that it comes with that footswitch, i remember in the last EX7 thread there was some concern that with such different effects, you'd need some way to switch between patches without bending down and doing it yourself...its nice, but i'm not sure i'm going to get one

Granted it would be kinda nice to have the wah+distortion in one package...

7. my friend has the boss pedal which is pretty much exactly the same, but theyre all wah models (MO-wah, cry-wah, uni-wah, bass-wah, etc) i was at his house yesterday and tried it yesterday and it worked great for bass but i had to screw with it a bit to get it sounding decent on bass.

wow, thats completely not related to what you're talking about...

8. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    the samples for the xp300 sounds nice, but does it work well for bass?

9. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    Im not too impressed by the demo, looks a little bland, i mean it aint gonna be as good as the pedals its modelling, why would anyone want half arsed pedals?

How much is it gonna cost anyways?

10. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    It costs about $200 US. If any of the models actually sound good, this could actually be a decent deal... Mmm, Space Station and Whammy, I'm looking at you!

-Dash

11. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    all this, but it is not also a volume? Eh well, guess you can't have everything.....

12. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    its got a volume pedal function in mode 7