Let Me Know What You Think of My Band Reticent

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Jul 9, 2004.

1. My band Reticent just finished our demo and we put it online. Let me know what you think about our 3 songs. Unfortunately we are without a singer, so if you are at all interested, or know anyone who is, please email me at reticentband@hotmail.com.

Here are the songs: Reticent
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Where's the bass solo? It's too rocking for me :p.. But it's nice
  3. I've been wondering the same thing... lol! But I have been yet to find a good spot for one, except for our song you may have heard called Cure in that bridge where I "solo." I keep bugging the guys in my band to let me change it, but they don't want me to, they say they really like it, I hate it, but whatever. Thanks man!
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sounds cool, the timing seems to get a tad weird in the slow part of "Octave". I like the change right after it though. It should be cool when you get a singer.

I like U.E. , nice laid back start. The change sounds a bit awkward, but vocals would make it make more sense. the end reminded me of old seventies epic rock, in a good way.

All in all good work!
  5. Hey, thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it! I think with the loss of quality over the net the timing gets a little weird, cuz I've matched it with a click-track and it was pretty much on the entire time. I know what you're saying about the change in V.E., it didn't record as smoothly as we practice it, but it's just our first real demo and we want to be able to get our sound out and have a singer write some lyrics to it. Thanks again!
  6. robe

Oct 19, 2003
    octave was pretty mad, preferreed a lil more than the others!!

keep up the good work and get a lead singer!!!

7. Thanks man! By the way, any constructive criticism is much appreciated, we want to be as good as possible. Don't be afraid to be harsh.
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    --that's true, I've encoded songs for web consumption only to find out they sound way off due to large amounts of sound being missing. I forgot that that can easily happen.
  9. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I know it's been forever since this thread was started, but when you started it, I downloaded the three songs and liked them. I wrote lyrics to "Cure" and after about a year I found them again and listened to the song and remembered liking the music a lot. I recorded the vocals over the track a while back, just a rough go of it to practice with my recorder a bit and it just occurred to me to let you hear it. I posted the song on my MySpace (Hopefully that doesn't piss you off since it's YOUR music and all, my bad) and you can check it out at http://www.myspace.com/jacobh