Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let me know what you think of my band.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rutgers Bassist, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Ok before we get started I just want you to know that we are not just a punk band from what you can hear. These songs are rough copys which means there are quite a few mistakes. I am working on some difficult more elaborating bass parts for some of our other songs but we just didnt want to release anything yet (slap, tapping, speed, u get the picture). If anyone wants a cd by any chance just let me know. Anyway any feedback is welcome negative, positive, pointers etc.
    Heres the site on the right jjust double click on a song.

http://www.purevolume.com/onthefloornj

Thanks Mark

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Tempo is quite erratic, but the song is quite catchy. It lacks a bit of energy, and the tempo kills the song, but I think you guys have some potential. Keep it up.

3. reminds me of Bowling For Soup

it's catchy...thanks for sharing!

4. Hey guys thanks for the replies. Im not sure what song you are talking about since there are two up there, mabe both. When you say the tempo kills the song what do you mean by that. Is it to mellow which makes no power or kick to it? Or is it just plain weird lol. Also that is not me playing bass in the songs its actually my friend, I couldnt make the recording practice, and our guitar player just filled in for me that day. The bass parts are a little off and not steady but what the hell lol. Anyway thanks for the responses. :hyper:

5. Anyone else??

6. Just rerecorded Girl on My TV if anyones interested. The drums are still terrible, and the solos messed up a bit but its just a demo still. Were not quite done with it yet.

7. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor

needs a lot of work.

8. How so Angel. Thanks

9. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    just think what beavis and butthead would think of it.

10. Whats that supposed to mean?

11. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    As a bass player, I can't believe you haven't fired the drummer yet. I only listened to the first song, but that drummer can't keep a tempo or consistant feel. I don't listen to that type of music often, but you could improve on the recording of it.

-Eric.

12. Eric, it is not a drummer. It is a terrible drum pad machine that just doesnt work. We figured it is better than nothing though.

13. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    A drum machine that can't keep time? That's.... new ;) I just picked up an Alesis SR-16 myself and with quantization everything ends up in perfect time, even when my pudgy little fingers can't quite tap the buttons consistently. You may want to look for a manual that better explains how it works, or, better yet, put out an ad for a flesh and bone drummer

14. The Clap, I worded it wrong. It is not a drum machine, it is an electronic drum pad. So you physically play it, but it is just terrible. Our guitar player was playing the drums.

15. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    The only song I can find is "Another Day". It's not my style of music, but it could be a pretty good song, very catchy. But what's the point of putting it up online and asking for people's advice when it's not completed yet? The tempo is really bad and that's not you on bass. I'm sure it will be a great song once you get the kinks worked out.

16. Hey Lewis, thanks for the response. My guitar player made a site on my space yesterday, and I didnt find out about it until today. I posted the songs to find some advice on how to make them better before they were finished, but havent had any as of yet. Here is the site with the other songs.

http://myspace.com/onthefloornj

Thanks Mark