1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Let me taste your tears!"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 25, 2006.

1. On a related note, I can understand now why a friend of mine who went to Duke for law school says that the USC-UCLA rivalry has nothing on Duke-UNC. No Trojan is particularly pissed at UCLA's victory.

What will be bad is if Texas wins the whole Dance. God, I hate you Longhorns fans. Any Aggies or Sooners here, I officially Bury the Hatchet.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    There is no shame in showing emotion after losing a major game. Many athletes cry after winning big games.

I would say some o the top rivalries in college sports are:
    1. Duke/UNC (basketball)
    2. Florida/FSU (football)
    3. LSU or Alabama/Auburn (football)
    4. USC/Notre Dame (football)

Oftentimes, the two largest universities in a particular state have a bitter rivalry, but those are some of the most publicized. Florida/FSU gets broadcast nationally, no one but a Mississippian cares about a football game between Ole Miss and MSU.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    +1. :scowl:

go lsu!

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I gleefully ignore the whole "March Madness" thing. I wish "Night Gallery" re-runs were on.

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I do, as well. In fact, I usually don't watch that much basketball. I caught a some of the last minute endings on Thursday, though.

Great link, BTW.

6. SUCK IT, LONGHORNS! SUCK IT!

Not that I'm terribly happy with LSU--Tiger boosters, after all, put up that obnoxious "Onepeat" billboard across the street from the Coliseum--but the thought of Texas winning the Rose Bowl and going to the Final Four was just too much to bear.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

i didn't know that lsu boosters did that. laaaame. :rollno:

8. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Oh come now.... it was a onepeat, and we have the 2003 crystal football to prove it....... :smug:

But we can agree on one thing.....

SUCK IT, LONGHORNS!!!! Join the Blue Devils in front of the TV for the Final Four......

Man, first we beat Miami 40-3 to end the football season in the Georgia Dome..... now Duke and Texas in hoops..... Atlanta's been good to us in '06......

9. isn't that the first line in an emo song?

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    cartmantears.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Welcome home, brother.

bc
    Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '98

12. "Oh, yes, they're so sweet and salty!! Yes!!"

"Dude, remind me never to piss him off."

That was a really weird episode.

Rock on
    Eric

13. Evidently, a lot of people were once offended when I recounted it to a friend at a party. I wasn't talking very loudly, but I have a very low voice (bottom note: D below the bass clef staff), so people could hear it quite easily as I gleefully described how Cartman was training a pony to bite off Scott's wiener, etc.

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, that episode caused me to take a lengthy break from south park.

15. See, I love bizarre/insane stuff like that, but then I'm just weird.

16. that was one of the best episodes ever:bassist:

17. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    South Park...Meh, what do you expect?

18. You were like 6 when that show started. RESPECT THE AUTHORITAH OF YOUR ELDERS! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

19. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005