Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let the new bass dance begin!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by malthumb, Sep 21, 2003.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just won the bid on this eBay auction. Picked up a 6 string fretless Hanewinckel for roughly a grand. Wooooo-hooooo!

Now the hurry up and wait stage begins.

Peace,

James

2. Good score man. I saw that bass and if I hadn't ordered a JP, I probably would have tried to jump on it. Good to see that a good guy like you got it. Congrats.

Geoff

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. Congratulations! That's a great deal for a great instrument. I would have bid on it myself if I didn't already own a Hanewinckel 6-string fretless. ( in addition to my four other Hanewinckels )

- Dave

5. Oh yeah, I should mention that the pics at the ebay auction page are squished. The bodies aren't really that wide. Here's an Arpeggio 7-string for comparison:

[​IMG]

Here's my fretless 6'er

[​IMG]

- Dave

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Not having you, Geoff, or Geshel bid on it probably saved me a dime or two. Now I'll have bookends. A fretted 6er and a fretless 6er. Somehow I doubt this will be my last Hanewinckel.

Peace,

James

7. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds like a great deal, and congrats on the new bass! :D

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice, James. I talked to Pete about that auction. Good price. If I didn't have the one pictured below, you would have had some competition! ;)

[​IMG]