Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's Active !

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by btrag, Aug 25, 2005.

1. btrag

btrag

Mar 7, 2005
    Chicago
    I love REM's old albums, so, that's how I was lead to this band. They are led by Mitch Easter, REM's old producer. Anyone that loves super-catchy, quirky pop with imaginative, syncopated bass will love this band. I recommend the Cypress/Afoot reissue CD. The bass sound on these albums is incredible. To those that are familiar with this band: Do you have any info on the bassist, Faye Hunter? What gear did she use, etc...?

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    She played a Hamer CruiseBass. The bass was recorded thru a Fender Twin guitar amp. I was a huge fan of theirs, caught 'em several times, even after they expanded to 4(after Faye left)they were a lot of fun. I've been waiting for CDs to replace my Let's Active LPs for years. Saw Mitch "solo" a few times too.
    http://www.fiendishminstrels.com/

3. Marc61

Marc61

Jul 29, 2007
    Greater NY Area
    She passed last night. Besides being a cool musician from one of my favorite bands, she was a true animal and nature lover. :crying:

Her donkey had just given birth back in march. I know she was thrilled with that

4. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    Sad news. "Cypress" is one of the all time great folk-rock albums. Masterpiece.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dang. That was a really good pop band. RIP Faye.

6. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I lived pretty near Mitch's studio and love using Let's Active! to educate folks on jangle pop. Very sorry to hear of Faye's passing.