1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's Active !

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by btrag, Aug 25, 2005.

1. btrag

btrag

Mar 7, 2005
    Chicago
    I love REM's old albums, so, that's how I was lead to this band. They are led by Mitch Easter, REM's old producer. Anyone that loves super-catchy, quirky pop with imaginative, syncopated bass will love this band. I recommend the Cypress/Afoot reissue CD. The bass sound on these albums is incredible. To those that are familiar with this band: Do you have any info on the bassist, Faye Hunter? What gear did she use, etc...?

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    She played a Hamer CruiseBass. The bass was recorded thru a Fender Twin guitar amp. I was a huge fan of theirs, caught 'em several times, even after they expanded to 4(after Faye left)they were a lot of fun. I've been waiting for CDs to replace my Let's Active LPs for years. Saw Mitch "solo" a few times too.
    http://www.fiendishminstrels.com/

3. Marc61

Marc61 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Greater NY Area
    She passed last night. Besides being a cool musician from one of my favorite bands, she was a true animal and nature lover. :crying:

Her donkey had just given birth back in march. I know she was thrilled with that

4. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    Sad news. "Cypress" is one of the all time great folk-rock albums. Masterpiece.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dang. That was a really good pop band. RIP Faye.

6. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I lived pretty near Mitch's studio and love using Let's Active! to educate folks on jangle pop. Very sorry to hear of Faye's passing.