Let's all buy a Krappy punk rod!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pklima, Jul 7, 2005.

1. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    As suggested by Midnight Jazz on another Krappy thread, we should repeat the "let's buy a Wish" thing with one of Kevin Siebold's (aka Krappy Guitars) 2-string "punk rod" basses - buy one and pass it around among the forum members who sign up and pay a few bucks, let them use it for a few days and then pass it on to the next victim.

They cost $75, so considerably cheaper than a Wishbass. We could get a small-bodied one, too, to cut down the amount of money UPS is going to make off the whole thing.

I'm not the best person to organize this as I haven't been very active on this board and I'm also planning a transatlantic move in a few months. Does anybody else want to step up and coordinate this?
  2. If we could find another person or 2 in College Station to pitch in, it could be very easy. Plus, we could see it played live for an extra chuckle. I'd throw 20 bucks into it considering shipping wouldn't be an issue. If someone wants a national tour for it they could organize it and I would send it on.
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    i'll go in on this...i'll even play it in a show on Aug. 4th and post the video.
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    on second thought...i think i'm just gonnabuy one...the dude's like an hour away from me.
  5. If you go for a visit, see if he has a flippitar lying around. Sound pretty interesting.
  6. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Seeing as we've got two interested people in College Station already I'll ask a couple of my non-TB bassist friends if they want to pitch in. It could start with a local tour and then go national, yeah.
  7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    That stuff cracks me up. Just wanted to plug into this thread cuz I'm actually considering a 2 string myself. If they're really playable I think I'd get one - waitin for the review Fenderx55. :) Hi too, never seen ya before and it seems we're from the same hood.
  8. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah man deff, i just gotta see if i have the disposable funds, i just did some pricey mods on one of my Js. but it would be sweet to bust out slither on 2 strings live lol
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I love the endorser page.
  10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Well, if it goes on national tour, let me in.
  11. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    I'm seriously tempted to get a doubleneck version with a two-string neck and a one-string neck. That would be more expensive and harder to ship around the country (no, I don't want a flippitar) but even more ridiculous.

Say, maybe we should pitch in and buy John Turner one with three two-string necks and one one-string neck. Another multi-necked seven-string for his collection...
  12. With all this 2 string bass talk, I think I'm gonna take my Squire down to 2 strings to use for a chunk of my drum and bass gig tonight. If I find that trap set, timbales and 2 bass strings works out, I may have my gimick set for life and would be on my way to a punk rod endorsement deal. Any interested parties should report to Revolution Cafe and Bar at 10:30 tonight.
  13. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    :D :D :D
    i wonder if they can throw in a sweater or two? then mebbe JT will become an endorser!
  14. krappy

Aug 17, 2005
    yes everyone should chip in. i hear they are fun to play, and that the builder is a very handsome man.