1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Let's compare Lakland to Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lonnybass, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Lakland Skyline, or Fender Jazz FMT? The floor is open for discussion...

Lonny "Bass"

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hmmmm.. well, first of all , the scale on Laklands is 35, the Fenders are 34.
    Lakland is ash, FMT is alder. It means a lt to some, I have always graviated towards ash.
    FMT's are more expensive that Skylines and there's that USA vs Korean thing, it may make a difference to you.
    I love Laklands, i really do. The 02's ( i assume this is the Skyline you are referring to ) has a lot of tonal options with the ability to chose the coil on that MM style pup. It will tend to sound a little more modern than the Fender. the Fender has "that" Fender tone , though..
    for me, i feel a difference in the scale, i prefer 34. If its a 5, the lo b is tighter on a Lak.
    Having said all that, I am really excited to have reclaimed my old Fender Am Dlx 5- those basses just hit me in the right spot

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You might want to try a search. This has been done, recently.