Lets get started early.....Your favorite Superbowl recipes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Jan 25, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    What makes the ideal snack recipe for the Superbowl?

By the time the Superbowl is on we should have a broad range of recipes to veiw.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Baked Apples

8 or 10 Jonagold Apples
    8 or 10 Cinnamon Sticks
    4 Lemons cut into 1/8's
    Brown Sugar
    4 Vanilla Beans

1) Core the apples, and cut the top off like a lid.
    2) Rub butter all over the top of the apple, and a little on the sides.
    3) Pour some sugar on a plate, then roll the buttered part of the apple in the sugar.
    4) Stick one cinnamon stick, and a lemon wedge inside the cored out apple center.
    5) Put some brown sugar inside the hole, and a little extra on top of the apple
    6) Put the top back on the apple and arrange on a glass baking tray.
    7) Split open vanilla beans and spread around in the tray.
    8) Bake on 325 until the tops of the apples start to crack and darken.

Far from the traditional SB party food, but it's a nice change of pace from nachos, little smokies, and beer.

3. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Spicy hot dog bites

* 1 cup ketchup
    * 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    * 1 tablespoon red wine or white vinegar
    * 2 teaspoons soy sauce
    * 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
    * 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
    * 1 pound hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces, or 1 pound cocktail franks

Combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and garlic in the crockery pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add hot dogs; stir to coat with sauce. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 1/2 hours, or until hot.

Serve hot, with toothpicks, from crockpot.
  4. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    ok everybody lets have only 1 recipe per person, this thread can hold so many post's:smug:
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Kind of disappointing. I was hoping for some fresh ideas for Sunday.

I think my recipe was too girly. Oh well.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Momma Barkley's Not-So-World-Famous Chili
    1 lb ground beef
    1 small onion
    1 bell pepper
    1/2 clove of garlic
    1 Large Can of Crushed Tomatos
    1 Samed sized can of tomato sauce
    1 Regular sized can of Kidney Beans
    1 Regular sized can of black beans
    1 small can of corn
    1 tablespoon of Chili Powder
    1 tablespoon of sugar
    1 can of Chef Boyardee Spagetti
    1 pack of favorite chili seasoning
    Favorite spices to taste

Brown beef in one pan and saute the diced onion and bell pepper in another. Mince the garlic and add it to the beef once browned. After this point combine the sauted veggies with the beef and garlic and add the chili seasoning. From this point you can begin to add the remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat for at least 2-3 hours. Serve with favorite hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, and Ritz crackers.

Abark's Homemade Jerky
    2 thin, butterfly cut steaks
    2 cups Dale's All purpose marinade
    Tony C's, Lemon Pepper, and Italian dressing to taste

Take steaks and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes to get them slightly frozen (makes them easier to cut into strips). Cut into strips roughly 3-4 inches long. Marinade in Dale's and the seasonings for as long as possible (I typically marinade for 1-2 hours). Get the smoker to put out a nice thick smoke during this downtime. Arrange on smoker grille and allow them to smoke for 2-4 hours (depending on the heat of the grill. Shoot for about 250ish) and add smoking wood of your choice sporadically (I prefer plum simply because our plum tree was destroyed by Katrina and it has great smell and imparts a great taste to the meat). I prefer mine a little chewy so you might want to let your's smoke longer.

Ronald's Tuna Cass
    1 can of favorite tuna
    1 can of cream of mushroom soup
    1 small amount of crushed potato chips

Mix tuna and soup and arrange the mix in baking pan. Sprinkly crushed chips on top and then bake at 325 for about 30 minutes (or until everthing is warm and the top of the mix forms a nice thin crust).

Other faves are Turduckens, Drunk Chickens, and Fried Turkeys. All of which are much harder to prepare.
  7. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    thanks MJ5150 and abark000:cool:

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll go for the chili and hot dogs on Sunday.

9. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Here is what i am eating on super bawl...

Beer, Frog legs, buffalo, beer, shrimp, elk, deer, alligator, beer, deer, beer, and much much more:) and beer… I have no idea how we going to cook all that... or eat all that... maybe when i comeback from Sierras i'll let you know...
  10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun

Pint glass
    Good beer

Clean and dry pint glass. Pour beer into glass heavily as to release much of the CO2. Let head settle. Drink. Repeat.
  11. Jagermeister and Redbull is a good recipe.
  12. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Great post idea. I'm doing the apples and hot dogs. One not so fancy one (although better than the lame beer posts) is a chili dip.

1 can of HOT Hormel chili
    1 bag of shredded pizza cheese
    Fritoes Scoops

I generally put about 1/3 of the bag of cheese in a whole can of the chili, microwave 2 min., stir the cheese in some more, microwave another 2 min. Depends on the 'wave, but around that much time. Then just dip the Scoops in and eat!
  13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Beer and Jagerbombs really don't belong in a thread about recipes.

I thought of another easy one. If you can't get this recipe correct on the first try, well maybe you should reevaluate your cooking.

(Chicken or Steak optional)

Coat pan with thin coating of veggie oil. Lay tortilla in pan, add cheese to your liking and close. The only slight trick to making these is to have a balance between browning the tortilla evenly while still melting the cheese. To hot, burnt tortilla and unmelted cheese. To low, melted cheese and tortilla doesn't brown.

If you wanted to add chicken or steak, I would cook those in a seperate pan and add the cooked meat at the same step where you added the cheese. Garnish with sour cream and your favorite hot sauce.

ETA - 10 minutes

14. I just saw this thread. Cool idea.

Here's a local (Cincy) favorite that you guys might like.

1 pkg Cream Cheese
    1 can Skyline Chili (it MUST be Cincinnati-style chili)
    1/2 bag of cheddar cheese

Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a pie plate, pour can of chili over the cream cheese. Top with cheddar. Bake in the oven until the cheddar is melted. Use tortilla chips, or whatever you like.

You could also just have Cincy-chili 4 or 5 ways. Spaghetti, cincy chili, kidney beans, onions, cheese. Cook spaghetti, put the other stuff on top and enjoy.

Take 4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and marinate them for 30 minutes in a liquid fajita marinade (DL Jardines, etc.). Get a pan (preferably NOT nonstick) hot (med to med-high), drizzle a little olive oil in. Begin searing chicken breasts (4 min each side). While chicken breasts are searing, sprinkle them with my homemade fajita dry-rub (brown sugar, taco seasoning, cumin). Once the chicken has cooked for a few minutes remove it from the pan. Pour in 1 cup of lemonade and one cup of water. Scrape all of the burnt bits of the dry rub off the bottom of the pan (the cold liquid will de-glaze the pan). Return chicken to the pan. Add 1 cup of salsa and about 3 or 4 tablespoons of cumin. Allow chicken to cook for 25 minutes in this, turning a couple of times. Take 2 forks and shred the chicken in the pan while it is cooking, leaving the tempurature where it is. Add 2 tbsp of cream cheese and 2 tbsp of flour and mix it around. Reduce heat and let mixture cook down for another 20 minutes. If mixture is too runny, add more flour. If it is too thick, add water.

Serve with warm tortillas, black beans, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream. These things are great!

1 block of velveeta, cubed. 1 jar of salsa. 1 pound of ground sage sausage. Cook sausage, drain, place in a crock pot. Add cheese and salsa. Stir periodically. The sage sausage really gives this a good flavor.
  15. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005

wow an MX'r over here, You think them Steelers will be champions?
  16. and I thought I was the only one! did you buy it or kill it yourself?
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Buy... sort off hard to kill one in california:)
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice call on the kasa-dill-uhs. I think I may go for that too. I need to figure out a way to work in the dip recipes too.

Anyone going to have sub sandwiches? Those seem to be popular around here.

19. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004

...and maybe one of Mike's baked apples for desert... :D