Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's hear for it for the good guys...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassyBill, May 6, 2005.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I'm pretty sure something like this has been run before, but I thought it was maybe time for an update. Moderators, if this belongs in another thread or forum elsewhere, please move it for me? Thanks.

I would like to take this chance to thank publicly some of the really nice people out there who take pride in helping customers out, always seem to find time to answer questions and are just generally great to deal with. These days this can be like a breath of fresh air when you've been through some of the frustrations we all experience dealing with companies who are less professional about the way they treat their customers.

My "good people" nominations are... (sorry if this sounds like something at the Oscars ceremony)

John East of J-Retro preamps
    Rob Green at Status Graphite (and his wife Dawn, who seems to practically run the place!)
    Carey Nordstrand
    Allison Suter at Moody Leather straps
    Phil at Pickup Central (when this guy hadn't got what I wanted in stock, he actually mailed me to tell me where else I could get it! What a great guy!)
    All of the Warmoth people I have dealt with
    The guys at www.stringsdirect.co.uk

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Let's hear from other TBers on this one... it's good to say thanks and promote business for people who deserve it and it also keeps us all better informed when spending our readies!

2. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I'd like to thank Joe whoever he is (never told me his last name) who was nice enough to replace parts on my buddy's guitar for free, and call up the store trying to scam my buddy for money and yell at them for a while.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Dale Titus at Warwick has always gone out of his way to make sure I'm a satisfied customer.

Brian Ball at Ernie ball has done the same.

Bill Leigh, BP magazine has always done his best to be friendly, curteous, helpful and accomodating.

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Roger Sadowsky and Ken Smith who cruise the TB boards with the hope of helping a wayward TB'er and answering all our questions. Same with Bob of QSC, they come to us a instead of just waiting for our calls.

5. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I'd like to thank Dave at Avatar Speakers. He was more than helpful and put up with my incessant questioning about his products. He also returned every single one of my phone messages that I had left. Not many companies these days are that attentive. I've bought two cabs from him and the service that I received was five star.

Thanks Dave!!

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

+ 1 ....

also , should make mention of Anthony Valenti .www.valentibasses.com
    excellent product , super friendly guy to do business with ...

7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Jay Lewis (Blueberry Hill Bass), Brian Barrett (the Lowend), Chris Benavente, Bob Lee (QSC), Nino (via Sadowsky's), (All hail) Bob Gollihur, Dave Boonshoft (Aguilar), Jorg Schroeder, and the guys at bassNW all have EXCEPTIONAL customer service, IMO.

8. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Id like to add Jorg Shroeder, Brian Barrett, Pete Skjold and Sheldon Dingwall as well as some of the most helpful folks Ive ever come across in any business.

Id also like to thank several members here for always answering a multitude of questions, even over and over for different folks.

Smash, Stewart McKinsey, Tom Bowlus, Geoff St. Germaine, Frank (FCM3), Embellisher, Jean Baudin and many many more.

9. I'd like to thank....the Academy.....oops....sorry :rollno:

But really, I would like to thank the Customer Service Dept. at American Musical Supply.. :bassist:

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Roger Sadowsky-Sadowsky Guitar
    Brian Goode and Bill Cook-Warmoth
    Dave Boonshoft-Aguilar
    carey Nordstrand-Nordstrand Guitars
    Brenda at HipShot
    Paul-Talkbass

11. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Yeah, Joe's a great guy. He showed up at one of my gigs two months ago. Talk about nerve wracking. Luckily we had a good 4-5 Reverends onstage between me and the gtr player!

12. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Hopper at Bass Central, he was really awesome to deal with, gave me a great price and made me feel confident in ordering a cabinet from FL(I'm in WV) without ever trying it.

13. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

For all the years of guidance, service and everything else.
    I named my son after my salesman.

Wesley R. Lonnquist