Lets hear it for my girlfriend!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rayzak, Jan 2, 2003.

1. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    A couple weeks ago, I dragged my girlfriend into this small music store that i've never been to before. Immediately after walking in a beautiful Lakland Skyline Joe Osborne in Lake Placid blue caught my attention. I took it down and played around with it for a while. I couldn't put it down. This bass is absolutely amazing. It's the only store i'm aware of in my area that sells Lakland's, therefore, it's the first time i've played a Lakland of any kind. She pretty much had to drag me out of the store.
    Moving on now... In a couple weeks is my B-Day. When we got home after celebrating the new year, she pulls out the very bass that I fell in love with. Early birthday present. I was in a state of shock, and still am. It's 4:30 a.m. right now and i've got to leave for work in 45 minutes. Damn things kept me up all night.:D I'm so bummin' today. It's worth it though. I'll post a pic this afternoon when I get home from work (to lazy to take a pic right now). Earlier in the year, I wanted a new bass. Now, 4 months later, I almost have to many, er, what am I saying? It's late i'm not thinking straight. Gotta go.
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Marry her now!:D ;)

3. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Does she have a seester?
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    DON'T LET HER GO!!!!!!!!

Congrats. The Skylines are really nice basses.
  5. gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    My wife did the same for me 2 weeks ago with an G&L SB-2. Gotta love it, and oh yea, as Nick man said MARRY HER NOW!!!

And Congrats. The Skyline is a great bass.

6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah man.. You better be getting this girl a ring.. congrats.. You got a great girl and a great bass
  7. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Congradulations, its nice to see that not all women of a bass player is jealous of the bass. Give her some words of advice from me...I did the same thing, and I didn't see him for weeks...All good though...He was happy doing the thing he loved most...Oh, and marry her, you may never get the chance to have someone like her in your life twice.

Good luck, and if you get the ring, send pictures...and Forum rules are...New bass...attach pics.
  8. Great story!

Another word of advice - make sure the ring costs MUCH more than the Skyline. You'll be set!

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Not to brag or anything but my girlfriend helped me get an Fbass fretless Caron 6, a fretless Fodera monarch 6 and a fretted Fodera Imperial 5. I'm pretty lucky :)
  10. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    You are sooo right dude!!!
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    isn't the ring supposed to cost about 20% of your annual income? just wondering....
  12. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Wow. That's a great girlfriend you have there...

Congrats on the new bass!:)
  13. Now then. Upon discussing the marriage thing, you should let her know that bass players not only like basses for our birthday, we dearly love to go out on Fri and Sat night to play with our stringed toys...

Make sure she's cool with that.

If so, marry her right now.

:eek: :D

14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    she needs to talk to my wife. i LOVE those basses... :D
  15. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    What he said. Quickly.

Hop to. Chop-chop. Tut tut.
  16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    And why is she just your girfriend?!

Dont let her get away!

17. Oh Rayzak man, she is a KEEPER!

I'd agree with everyone else, marry her!

Only wait 'till she buys you an amp first!:D

Life is sweet, No?

18. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    What he said!
  19. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yeah, girlfriends are great, ain't they? Mine bought my FBB fretless and my Hagstrom 8. Now she actually has a job and makes ****-loads of money! I'm gonna get new toys! :D Or I guess I'll just make do with driving her new Benz if not.
    Hang on to yours for a while. I plan on keeping mine around!
  20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ah man,, all i get is sex. JUST KIDDING. cool hook up with the lakland bro!