1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lets hear your bass.Reference recordings of various basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nipperooney, Jan 21, 2008.

1. nipperooney

nipperooney

Jul 5, 2007
    I had this idea of creating a reference library of everyone's bass sound so that people wanting to hear what a particular bass sounds like could come here and listen to it. The sound needs to be completely untreated in anyway - just straight from the bass, no compression, eq, etc. I am no great bass player so please don't comment on my ability!! I started out by playing the open strings and then a basic blues groove in G and then again up an octave. If you could all stick to playing the same or similar groove so that it is easy to compare sounds. You should list the bass model, any particular features such as wood type, modified pick-ups, etc, if you think that's relevant and string type if you know it.
    If this has been done before or I'm in the wrong section, then shoot me or ignore me and I will drop off the bottom of the forum given time! Otherwise, this could become a really useful resource for anyone wanting to hear a particular type of bass. I posted this on www.zshare.net in about 30 seconds, btw. Remember, it must be untreated otherwise it kind of defeats the object.

OK, here I go :)

Alembic Stanley Clarke standard Short Scale 2006 Coco bola top. String type not known (whatever they're shipped with).

Hi-res version (4mb)

www.zshare.net/audio/6750449444c159/]alembic stanley clarke stan.wav - 4.18MB

2. nipperooney

nipperooney

Jul 5, 2007
  3. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    These clips are "untreated" with all onboard electronics "flat"? :eyebrow:

Pretty full sounding! :)

4. nipperooney

nipperooney

Jul 5, 2007
    I've set the onboard EQ to how I have it set when I gig which isn't flat. I should have said no outboard EQ, etc, just the sound of the bass.

Post your clips, people. I would have really welcomed such a thread when I was in the market for my growing collection.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021