1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's hear your old bands!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by MoD_Scotty, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
  2. sigh, allright here it goes:
    www.myspace.com/theviberiders
    the tracks up there are from 2001.
    We just recently did a `reunion` show and the gui**** and I have been working together on some recording that I think we`re going to release under the VR name...
    Oh yeah, by the way Kill Radius is great! lovin the bass in **** if I know

3. Crunka

Crunka

Mar 11, 2006
    Stockton, Ca
  4. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
  5. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    Thanks a lot!

6. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
  7. Rota

Rota

Jun 11, 2007
    Mesa, Arizona
    Here's my first band. It's mostly covers.

Death By Vending Machine

Here's my most recent band. They actually went somewhere. I say "they" because they dropped me with absolutely no warning the night before one of our biggest shows for their old bass player because I couldn't take the time off college and work to make a completely unnecessary California tour.

Flight To London

8. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    in recent history...

2002-2005. Band broke up when the lead singer and I both moved away about the same time. No longer exists. No website, etc. We weren't really that good (I listened to some recordings last weekend for fun), but we had good gigs and had a great time. We were more fun to watch than listen to, I think. I miss this band.

I don't want to give publicity to the next two bands, both of which treated me pretty shabby.

Current band is ok, but I'm looking. Too much irresponsibility and personal drama from the guitarist and drummer. Drummer is also an extreme mediocrity. Plays erratically. I'm looking for a new gig, but very quietly.

9. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Last band I was in, The Red Line:

myspace.com/redline5

I think the recordings are still me and not the new guy. Sounds like it, at least.

10. staeva

staeva

Aug 26, 2007
    new jersey
  11. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    If you think you might like Mudvayne/Slipknot sounding tech metal check this (from around 2001)-

http://www.unm.edu/~mcliff04/drums/hype.mp3

This was my old band with Giann Rubio, who plays drums in Aghora now. At least he moved on to bigger and better things!

12. gustav

gustav

Mar 11, 2006
    Västerås, Sweden

yeah! i love the combination of music styles.. so to speak

13. Here's mine:

5th Man Down - Heavy alternative grunge-metal stuff. We never technically split up, but our hiatus has lasted 18 months so far... :D
    http://www.myspace.com/5thmandown

Wallflower - Arty alt-rock / tone-poetry with very long songs. Kinda Tool-meets-Morrissey, I suppose! Lots of bizarre bass stuff going on here, with mucho effects.
    http://www.myspace.com/wallflowerband