1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's hear your Vintage Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MichiBass, May 1, 2006.

1. I wanna hear how different a vintage Fender Jazz sounds in comparasion to my '05 Highway One Jazz.

Please post '64 Jazz Basses sound samples :smug:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Depends on a lot of things, like amp, style, strings, etc. I've played a '78 Precision that sounds just like an '05 Precision and a '75 Jazz that sounds just like my '00.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The one thing you can say about Fenders of all vintages and price points is that when recorded, they all sound remarkably similar. Sure, there's subtle differences, but they're pretty much lost on all but the player himself.

4. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Sorry, haven't got any clips. But will see if I can get some, have some studio work in the near future. I have owned a lot of jazz basses, including 3 US sadowsky basses. Nothing sounds like my 65 Jazz bass. I'm not saying that it is better, but I tend to like the dry growly focused tone you can get with a nice pre-cbs bass. My sadowsky basses were more balanced, clean and heavy on the bottom, but the warmth, punch and bite in my 1965 is just what I'm looking for. One thing I have noticed is that I can plug the 65 into anything and it just sounds right!...

5. Can you please post a pic of yours, thank you.

6. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    Well, if no one has clips, why don't you listen to some old rock and roll songs or some Stevey Ray Vaughn stuff.

7. lowfreq1

lowfreq1

Mar 26, 2006
    Stockholm Sweden
    Listen to Robben Ford's albums. Roscoe Beck playing a Fender Jazz Bass '64 most of the songs, for example "Talk To Your daughter"

8. Bump

9. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey