1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Let's list the lamest "I need to sell my bass" excuse we've read here...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KenToby, Apr 10, 2010.

1. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Let's have some fun...

Like most of us, I often go to the basses for sale section just to window shop. While I don't feel that a seller has to nessarily disclose the reason for the sale, I find some that some do choose to share some of the whimpiest reasons I have ever seen anywhere to sell anything. Here are a few examples; Add yours.

I've read here on TB the following sales reasons:

**"I'm getting married and need to raise some cash".

-If a guy has to raise dough through the sale of a bass to get married, he has bigger money problems than financing a wedding.

**"Baby on the way so this has to go..."

-Either the guy lives in a broom closet and the crib and the baby can't fit in the same home or he found a way to raise a kid to 18 years old on just the sale of a bass. Again, bigger financial problems than the sale of a bass can fix. How about a good job and then a family... what a concept!!

**"Girl friend says I have to sell my bass so..."
    No ring, no sale!!!!! This guy's is with the wrong one!! Even my wife doesn't go there!!!

Let's see the lame one's you've seen here...

Thanks,

KT

2. greekorican

greekorican

Mar 12, 2009
    You tend to see those three excuses in ads for cars alot as well. Can you say whipped?

3. envy1400

envy1400

Feb 19, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    you cant let the girl control any aspect of your bass life.

4. funny, usually when i say things like this anywhere, i get called a douchebag, i totally agree though

5. "This bass is the THE BEST I've ever played, but the string spacing is .25mm off my preference, so I'm selling it for $400 more than I paid. You're getting a great deal!!! 2 more days and it's off to the 'bay!!"

Mike

6. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    "I've gotta thin the herd!"

Isn't it every rancher's goal to grow the herd?

7. The kid one can be true tho.. In my case I had 4 boys in 3 years (the last two were twins) :help: and that plus work/school curbed my playing completly untill recently. The babies are turning 3 in a couple of days so I have a little more "me" time.
    That said, I never sold my bass:bassist:

8. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    I saw an ad for one of those mini travel guitars. He said he travelled all round Asia with it and it was great blah blah blah.

Punchline:

Must sell as I'm moving.
    :D

9. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    "moving and can't take it with me"

huh? every time I moved my basses were among the easiest things to find room for, and if you are moving cross country in a mini cooper, well maybe you should take up drums!

10. Pretty much this one. Bass playing is for life! Marriage is for a few years tops...

:bag:

11. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    If I sell two I can buy the one I want.

12. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    For me it will be an issue when I get married, the gf says that 6 basses, 100+ snakes, 2000+ bottles of beer, 400+ bottles of wine, 200+ bottles, of whiskey and lots of other stuff is just too much so I will have to pare down somewhere so I can see having to sell basses (along with other things) when getting married.

13. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Not me, I'd tell her... if you married a mechanic, would you make him sell his tools? I've always been amazed how many women get involved with musicians, then demand they choose!! oddly, I am separated from my wife, but not my basses!

14. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    Im working on my second wife and have gone through at least 15 to 20 basses.

15. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    44 here and have yet to be married.;)

16. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK

17. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    hehe I'm 44 too, didn't get married till I was 35.... probably won't again!
    getting a bit off topic......

I know!!!

"I am selling my bass because I decided to play guitar instead"

18. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    That one always screams "idiot" to me.

19. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    "I bought this two weeks ago. It's a wonderful bass, but I only play fives now."

But you didn't two weeks ago?

20. Murph#2

Murph#2

Mar 24, 2010
    murph#2
    Oh Here's one---I'm selling this GUITAR for my guitar player because he's going into treatment. ;-}