1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LETS PLAY A GAME CHILDREN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by curbowkid, Aug 24, 2012.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Included, I have a quickly made clip of me playing (and messing up) a snippet of some Wooten. My question to you the listener is, What bass am I using?!?! I'm not even going to give options. I want too see what people think it is! It's could be my bass but it may very well be a friends so it could be anything! I want a good clean thread, and that means blood and violence. GET IT ON. http://soundcloud.com/ss0-s/what-bass-is-it#play

2. active soapbar dingus, soloed on the bridge pickup with two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese and artichokes

p.s. that tone reminded me of "american life" by primus and i must now listen to dat

3. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Would you like fries with that?

4. yeth

5. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    It's a phat tone, I know. LET THERE BE PRIMUS.

6. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    NO TAKERS!? This challenge deserves a worthy opponent.

Don't mind me. 2:30 in the morning here.

7. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    First off, I don't care what bass it is...secondly...that was some pretty impressive playing! Sure, there were some minor mistakes, but you really did an excellent job with that! You have some real talent there...hone it and get to groovin!

Enjoy!

8. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I just did it quick for this haha I can nail it if I actually try too. Thank you! It means alot :)

I only made this thread because I've seen one before and figured I'd try it out

9. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I'll say J pups with bridge slightly favored. Or soapbar pups with neck pup favored even more. Active preamp either way. Does sound kinda thin as reason for J pups. P pups only if active eq and good bass cut with treble boost, or bridge position P pup with bass again rolled off some. (mimicing J sound with P pups). With compressor sustainer added and set for fastest attack for volume peak. The latter cause I really dont detect any hint of P pups note bloom in the recording.

And thats todays lesson for how basses with the 3 pup types might go about shoting for the kind of tone your using imo. Lol.

Ok for my final vote. I'll say J pup bass with active eq. bridge pup solo or favored some.

O maple body bass as well or other wood combo that is more treble oriented.

Btw its not a bad tone. It just overall makes me think J pups or others with eq & pup blend set to mimicing J voices in general.

Does winner get pizza? Lol.

10. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    You nailed the compressor. I forgot to turn that off on my pre amp(my trace elliot DI) so yes you have that. As for the rest, I will not reveal until tomorrow ;)

Winner gets a golden sticker of awesome. I already ate the pizza.

11. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    NO TAKERS!?!?

12. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Darkstorm since youre the only real participant. You win. Active soap bar pickups with the neck pickup favored, mids flat, treble and bass boosted. Ibanez sr506.
    Here's your sticker

13. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Ty ty. Nice sticker to. Lol.