Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's pretend I am rich...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stinsok, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    and I want an all tube head that pushes 2000 watts at 8ohms. I know it will be heavy, but it won't be an issue. It will be mounted in a flight case with wheels, and roadies will be moving it around (I'm rich remember.) Who could build this? What features would you put on it? Does it exist already?

2. If you're that rich, you could have anyone build it for you.

Ampeg, Mesa/Boogie, whom'ever.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I suggest you actually try a SVT first and realize how loud 300 tube watts are. :D Other than that anybody will build it if you give them the dime.

4. Allessandro... :D

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Maybe not quite, but how does 1250 watts grab ya? :cool:

VTL Wotan MB-1250 Reference Amp

Naturally, you'll want a pair, right? Better bring an electrician to your gigs to wire a distro while you're at it.

6. Whats a distro? (Probably a stupid question)

7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama

Gettin' there. I'm thinking a dedicated bass amp head.

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

No problems; since it's already 250 pounds, what's another 5 or 10? :ninja:

Actually, if I invested that kind of coin in a bass rig, I'd want at least 3-4 completely different preamps to run into it. Better make that another 20 pounds...

9. What kinda speaker cab would you pair to it??? an 8x18" or just like a single 30" :D*goes to buy earplugs*

10. Normally when I'm not at practice on sunday;s or gigging at 10PM at night on a wednesday and get 3 hours sleep before work the next day........... I pretend "I'M A COWBOY!!!!