Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's see and hear about your Bass Kahuna/GW Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DaveCustomMade, Mar 1, 2006.

1. If you have a GW Bass/Bass Kahuna bass, chime in with your story, please! I'll perhaps be getting one made for me soon and want to hear some other input on them. :hyper:

Thanks!

2. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    ii-v
    has one and another 1 or 2 in the works
    other than that I dont know.
    T

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I went to his website because I have never heard of these basses and I couldn't find any examples of completed basses he's done. Just "works in progress", they look pretty well made, but that's drawing breif conclusions. I've never heard or seen of these outside of his website.

Hopefully, some other people will have some info.

4. there is plenty of finished bass picks on his site.. but it is hard to find them.

5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Look under projects.:eyebrow:

6. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    I have played them and I am in love with them they are great they are totaly hand made, I have been in his shop he is great, as soon as teh cash I may order a ton of them.....Well he ya go Iam thinking of selling my Harley Davidson just to order as many of his basses as possible before he gets to big and goes through teh price roof,

7. rkarlberg

rkarlberg

May 22, 2007
    Boston
    I ordered a 4 string fretted recently... can't wait to get it.

8. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I had an Elrick that he put a walnut top on. The job was completely professional and you couldn't tell for a second that it was not like that from Elrick. I'm sure he makes cool basses and his customization work is top notch. The new owner of the bass has it for sale in the classifieds if anyone wants to see his work. I wish I could buy it back.

Mike

9. More of a UBP.com guy than TB, but his stuff gets high regard over there. Dont hear about these basses over here. Funny, you'd think we would all be the same community.