Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets see how the college kids did on scheduling!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Let's see, because I earned *not really* 24 units via AP classes before entering college, I am now technically a sophomore, with 40 units. Because of this, I got to register on the 2nd to last day, while *freshmen* got to register a month prior. Anyways, I think I did alright.

Philosophy 101 thursday 4-6:40 pm
    Religious Studies 101 MWF 12-12:50
    Rhetoric and Writing Studies 200 tues/thurs 8-9:15 am *ouch*
    Statistics 119 MWF 1-1:50

I think I did alright, although I am only taking 12 units, and I couldnt take 3 classes that I need because they were full before I could register. I guess I'll have to crash some if need be.

2. I have 5 classes this semester, and I managed to get them scheduled pretty well. Tues/Thur. I have classes from 9:25 - 12:25, and MWF I have classes from 9:50 - 12:55 :cool:. Not bad to only be there for 3 hours/day with a full course load.

Btw, if you get a good professor for that Philosphy 101 class it should be really interesting.

3. That huge break T-R would absolutely kill me. But, I live about 5 minutes by car from campus, so I schedule my electives/support of major classes to fit my core requirements =)

MWF:
    Engl 232: 11:15 - 12:05

Biology Sciences 001 (Human diseases): 12:20 - 1:10

Information Sciences and Technology 421: 1:25 - 2:15

TR:
    Psy 002: 1:00 - 2:15
    Mgmt 100: 2:30 - 3:45
    Soc 004: 4:15 - 5:30

T-R is pretty long, but they're not hard classes. Not bad for 18 credits.

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    WEll my stupid school has toomany students and not enough teachers...so I am only taking 12 hours.

English 102
    Spanish 121
    Intro to Audio Rec. Techniques
    Georgraphy of Pop Music

..ahh this is going to fun and easy

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

tallguybcs

just wondering why are you taking religous studys do you have to or are you thinking about religous life ,just to let you know it is a good life.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    1. Psy 432 - Cognitive Development (Language, Thinking and Perception) - T,TH: 12,30 - 13,50

2. Psy 451 - Theories of Personality - M,W,F: 10,10 - 11,00

3. Psy 680 - Peer Advising in Psychology - M: 17,00 - 18,40 and lab by arrang.

4. R&B Performance - W: 19,00 - 22,00 and Sun: 17,50 - 22,00

7. I work a full time job from 8:30-5:30 every day and I go to school full time....18 hours this semester.

MWF: COMM 211 7AM-8AM
    M: ACCT 225 6PM-9PM
    T: MGMT 232 6PM-9PM
    W: MGMT 290 6PM-9PM
    TH: HIST 302 6PM-9PM

INTERNET: ECON 202

Band practice 2-3 times a week.
    Gig every week or two.

Rough semester but i did it last fall and hopefully can do it again. Wish me luck.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jazzbo
    are you a psyc major i had to take alot for the counseling aspect of my vocation

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My schedule is okay. This is my first semester that I'll be taking less than 15 credits, but because the pre-requisite stucture, I kinda got stuck until next semester. I have school three days, and can therefore work three days.

I'm really looking forward to my Psychoacoustics class. :)

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I am.

11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I got stuck with a bit of a crappy schedule since I registered for all my classes about a month late.

MWF
    French II 10:15-11:05 (crap, I HATE these early classes!)
    Poetry 242 11:15-12:05

TR
    Ethics in the Modern World 11:15-12:30

Thursdays
    International Business 2:30-5:30

Fortunately I was able to get a semester without any theology classes for the first time! They were all full by the time I regestered. Darn. :D

12. Here we go:

MAE302: Differential Equations and Complex Analysis
    PHE303: Statistical and Thermal Physics
    PHE352: Astronomy
    PHE331: Instrumentation
    PHE413: Nuclear Physics
    HIE271: Introduction to Military History and Thought

6 courses makes this a tie for my lightest semester.

Geoff

13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Well, I go to class at night because I work full-time during the day. I usually take 3 courses a semester (then one or two over the summer to try and make up lost time.)

This semester I have Unix Shell Programming, DHTML Programming, and Computer Ethics. I may add a fourth this semester (LAN/WAN architecture.) I may not have time for that one, though, unless I do the online option.

nirvanabassguy: Man, it sounds like a crazy semester for you. Good luck! I thought doing 3 classes and full time work (with band practice) was alot.

14. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    12 credits for me this semester:

MWF (10-11): Differential Equations
    MWF (11-12): Engineering Statistics
    MWF (1-2): Dynamics
    MWF (3-4): Recording
    Tu-Th (9:30-10:30): Weight Training

15. As for what time I have to get up everyday, I have four 7:30s and and 8:30. Two of those 7:30 classes are physics lectures and two are calculus recitations. This leads me to believe that somewhere, there are people who want to lecture about physics at 7:30 AM. It's gonna be a caffiene wonderland, folks.

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Geoff, you did alright. The rest of you should commit this phrase to memory:

"Did you want fries with that, sir?"

oops. You're OK too, Nate.

17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Well, I'm still in high school. I did take 3 classes in H.S., but just recently a teacher died and my English teacher had to take over a class for her, so I am taking a English Comp. I at night at a community college here in town and getting dual credit for it. Anyways, my schedule is

MTWRF (H.S.)
    Chemistry I
    Honors Math w/ Trig.

Monday
    Intro to Sociology
    6:30-9:10

Tuesday
    U.S. History to 1865

Thursday
    English Comp I

Then I also work 30+ hours per week.

Real life sucks:p

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Damn **** Ass ****in' awful. I scheduled kinda last minute because I thought I failed out of college, so now I have lousy times for all my classes. And I'm not looking forward to my two history classes and my drawing II class... I sucked in drawing I. I do on the other hand look forward to my photo class, and I'm retaking a intro to music because I failed it before. My teacher was bat **** insane and I flunked it, but this time, I already learned most of the stuff he taught by myself, and more effectively I might add, so I should be Kool and the gang... well except drawing II and those two history classes... damn **** ass.

19. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    General Chemistry - MWF 10-11am ; T 12-3pm ; W 1-2pm ...I've been putting this course off.
    Digital Design Lab - F 3-4pm ; T 6-9pm
    Circuit Analysis - MWF 8-9am
    Differential Equations - MTWThF 9-10am
    General Psych - 11-12

Tuesday's from 9am to 9pm...should have thought that one through.

20. At my school all the science classes are the really early classes, thank goodness I'm an arts student. :p