Let's see some basses with unique pickup configs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tekhna, Nov 29, 2004.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Let's see the P/MM's, or whatever have yous, the stuff we wouldn't normally see!
  2. This one is pretty cool...

but I'm sure it's been discussed before.
  3. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

My god, what is that bottom one? Are those individual magnets?
  4. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004

That bass has plenty of grunt!

mmmm... Plenty of tone.
  5. dude, that p-bass is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
  6. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

It is pretty damned sweet. I really like the Wal style pickups.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket Wal style pickup, if you are custom building or something like that?
  7. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    the top one is billy sheehans piccolo P bass, and it is my fav except for the all pink one.
    dimarzio makes the "wal" style pickup you speek of, but i think Mr. Wal makes his own pickups but i am not sure.
  8. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I want an Atlansia SO bad!!! (Or at least to play one...)
  9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    "...but I want individual volume knobs for each pickup..."

And those LeFays are SWEET!!!
  10. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Yea, that P-Bass is a custom. You can make a P-Bass with pickups like that by getting a warmoth neck and body and carve out places for the pickups. Oh and notice it also has two outputs. One for each pickup :hyper:

Or you could buy his Signature Yamaha Attitude bass (i did). t's like a P-Bass on steroids. And the neck P/U is amazing.
  11. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    That's an Atlansia Pegasus. And those are individual string pickups. They're on all three Atlansias. And the they can be individually rotated to have the two polepieces of each pickup in line with the string, across the string, or at 45°.
  12. Here is my 80's schecter. I've talked about it many times... I'm proud of it. Its strung with roto flat right now.

Its got a Gibson EB-O pickup at the neck, P pup at the middle and a jazz at the bridge and a volume for each pickup.

13. i've been in that basement studio.... in fact i held that bass (to afraid to play like a hack in front of a master like bootsy)