Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets see some blue bursts!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Feb 23, 2004.

1. simple enough. i want to see some blue basses, preferably in a burst.

ill start with this beauty:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That is one GORGEOUS Gecko.

[​IMG]

I was going to buy a fiver in that finish, but I was fired a couple hours before going to the music store so I couldn't get it.

3. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Mine's blue! Not burst though.

My wife has an Alvarez acoustic guitar with a rather nice flamed maple top in blue burst.

That's a nice looking Gecko BTW, Duffle-Dust :cool:

4. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Here's my old Ripley bass that was refinished by Pat Wilkins. (Basswood body):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    That's gorgeous, berklee. What kind of wood is the fretboard made of? It looks kinda like it's grey fading into black fading back into grey, or is that the photograph letting my eyes play tricks on me?

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's all a charcoal gray color. It's a Greg Curbow rockwood neck. Rockwood being a sythetic neck material made up of around 80 laminates of birch (Pretty sure it was birch) that's been compressed and impregnated with a resin of some sort.

Absolutely killer necks.

7. Sadowsky guitar but I'm sure Roger could make a bass like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Cool. What's the sound like as compared to, say, rosewood or maple (since that's all I really have any experience with)?

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Uh, pickles?

Different sound. It's essentially the same thing as carbon fiber/graphite neck, in that it's a snythetic material. It bears a bit of a resemblance to a Zon, sonically, but rosewood and maple? Apples and oranges.

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Pickles rule. :D

I was just trying to get an idea of what it sounds like as compared (as you said, like apples and oranges) with what I do have experience with.

Thanks, though.

11. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
    Mtd 435 24 Fret

12. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    All nice basses, but I'll take the MTD, thanks. :p

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Oh man, this thread is hot. Blueburst has to be my favorite finish of all time.

14. i saw that bass recently on the curbow site in the mods section! that's cool that it's owned by a TBer. i was thinking about getting a moses neck for one of my basses, but maybe getting it overhauled by curbow is what i really want to do!

robb.

15. My Czech Spector 5 in BlueBurst.............

16. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    This is the best picture I could find of mine on this computer... too bad you have to look at my stupid face :cool: