1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

lets see some crazy drum kits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Jan 19, 2004.

1. DEFELDUS

DEFELDUS

Jun 1, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    hey guys, i thought it would be interesting for us to show each other some of the craziest drum kits (i mean cmon, we know how silly drummers can be :p) this was a spin off of an idea in the 11 string bass thread where someone pointed out bassists arguing about #s of strings is probably the same kinda argument drummers have about the size of their kits

ill start with these three:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that mini kit actually intrigues me a lot, i'd love to have it to mess around on.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That little kit is the same type of set up JD blair uses a lot. I think they are called champagne kits, or martini kits or something like that :p

either way, I predict Xush is going to drop the bomb on this thread, he has one of the craziest drum kits I've ever seen.

3. DEFELDUS

DEFELDUS

Jun 1, 2003
    Orlando, FL

that one is an espresso kit

and yeah xushs half electric/half acoustic kit is great

4. The second one is Terry Bozzio's. Here's part of Neil Peart's new kit from NAMM.
    P1010007.

5. LoL. I was just thinking of Terry's set...here is a pic of his.

[​IMG]

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    [​IMG]

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    [​IMG]

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    [​IMG]

9. big drumsets....
    cock rock style.

unless.. you are playing metal.
    i just think its so funny when you they are playing double bass.. way slower than you can play with one pedal. and.. when all they hit is the snare and hihat.. and some crashes.
    so.. that brings out..
    COCK ROCK!!!! :oops: (angel singing)

10. www.terrybozzio.com check this dude out. He's damn good and look at all the stuff on his sets!

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mike Portnoys kit with John Myung in the foreground:
    [​IMG]

and i dont know if this ones legit, but its pretty huge:
    [​IMG]

last one:
    [​IMG]

12. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Go to www.terrybozzio.com, and listen to some of the samples. Better yet, watch some of the videos.

13. I posted...

geshel posted...

Great minds think alike :D

14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Whose is that?

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    No one special.

16. DEFELDUS

DEFELDUS

Jun 1, 2003
    Orlando, FL

uh, dude, we already posted two pics of his stuff... ;)

17. i know there are people that are very good, that play big sets, im just saying the people that have big sets, and do little from nothing with them.

has anyone seen taht video of.. tony something, hes like a 11 yr. old kid.. hes REALLY good.

18. Maybe i didn't listen to all of the samples on the website, but really dont think that Terry Bozzio guy is that good. I guess i judge a drummer on how he keeps a beat, not just plays 3 really high toms. Just my .02

19. He's definately good. You can't hack your way around at that level. I'm sure he can keep a beat all day long just like the big showboats in the bass world can walk a 12 bar blues all day :)