Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's see some headless basses, 6,5,4....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I just happen to love the way headless basses look. The Steinies' are cool but I like the Status, Auerswald and JP's too.So if you got pics, post 'em. Doesnt matter if they're yours or not. :)

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Me too.
    Here's my Status Series 2000.

http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/data/501/37658IMGA0286.JPG
    http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/data/501/37658IMGA0290.JPG

Later, I'll get the camera out and add my Steinie XL2, Hohner B2ADB, Kubicki and Washburn Status 1000

3. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I've owned two Steinbergers- an M and a Q, and I also owned a Hohner Jack bass for a while. My M series looked similar to this.
    [​IMG]
    And of course the bass that I have pictured to death here
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Heh, Basslab STD:

[​IMG]

Unfortunate name, pretty crazy looks but I'd buy one if I had the money for a bass collection. I admire them for just being completely different to anything else out there, single piece of carbon fiber!

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry, no pix but..I have three headless fives: PBC/Bunker (which I just reassembled), Status Stealth 5, and David King with 36" scale. Had a Kubicki Ex Factor but found the 32" scale uncomfortable and the neck not as stable as hoped. Also had a Steinberger XM 4. Nice sounding but way too much relief for my taste.

Riis

6. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Is your David King pictured on hi site? I've always wanted a chance to play one of his basses.

7. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I love the Bunker stuff also, do they still build?, how many string is your David King?

8. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The David King is not pictured on his website (and I really have to get my dig camera up and running). It has a Zebrawood body, wenge / purpleheart neck, and 36" scale. From what I've been told, it was his first (and only?) 36" scale bass. With the exception of the frets, electronics, and strap pins, the bass is definitely hand-made utilizing David-fabricated components.

Yes, Bunker is still manufacturing. My Bunker is actually an early 90's PBC 5 string. A portion of the tension rod adjustment was stripped so I had a welder plug it. I redrilled it and tapped it to spec. Works as good as new. I believe a new Bunker will set you back ~ $1900. They don't hold their value on the used market, though. I bought both of mine for under $600. Take a gander:

www.bunker-guitars.com

Riis

9. My very own Status Graphite Stealth 5 string :)

Attached Files:

10. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    See, that's the great thing about living in the UK. You can pretty much walk into the corner convenience store and find display racks of cellophane-wrapped Status basses next to the beef jerky.

Nice axe!

Riis

11. This is my SKC Bogart V headless. Made around 1991, as far as i know. Graphite neck.

[​IMG]

12. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    6 strings signature made by local luthier

Pics here

Beautiful instrument.

13. likin' the way the tuners are staggered :)

14. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I still own my Steinberger XM 4, but I'm having problems photographing it properly, darn this cheap-o camera!!! Picture coming soon...I'm intrigued by some of these companies I've never heard of, though, thanks for the thread! Maybe I don't need to despair that Steiny has gone downhill in recent years.

16. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    The Zon Vinny. I wish they made a 6-string version of it.

[​IMG]

17. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Man Atlansia knows no boundries!!! Anyone know who has LeFays in the states? Ed Roman has leDuc but they are waaayy outta my price range.

18. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    You've got to include a Kubicki in this thread
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Ok I had to add a couple, the first one I own, the second I'm tempted by. They are both Bob Frenz basses and I love the first one, and the deal may be too good to pass on the fretless one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy,
    Dirk

20. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    He does... you just have to ask.