Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets see them Streamer stage II's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Impulsee, May 25, 2004.

1. I'm going to buy a streamer stage 2 soon, but idk what kinda wood/color/what to get. post some pics :)

- w00t

2. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    IMHO they look better with the natural Afzelia body and the oil finish.

3. yeah, i liek just..natural with oil, i dont really like glossy finishes, but the only woods i can see with them, are small little squares at the warwick stie, not actual bass' :(

4. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Well, Afzelia is pretty plain looking and is usually the same color shade from all the Streamer II's I have seen, but as wood goes, there can be some differences.

Here is a link to pics of mine: http://community.webshots.com/user/pistoleroace

Also, click on the Roscoe LG 3005 Afzelia Burl to see all the pics. Afzelia Burl is the most amazing looking burl I have ever seen and you will also say, "that can't be the same wood" but it is. It's just from a different part of the tree which is in the trunk area.

5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    The newer Stage II's all look the same to me. If you see one, you've pretty much seen them all. The grain of the wood in general is pretty plain, but the newer ones are much lighter in color than the older models. My '92 was as dark as Bubinga and really looked nice, but the new ones, even if you have had them for a few years, don't darken nearly as nice as the older ones did.

6. Follow the link for a pic of my Warwick family... the '90 Streamer is bottom left. It's from just before there was actually a "Stage II" model, but it's identical... afzelia, yin-yang inlays etc. It also has green side-LEDs.

A Few Warwicks

7. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    Here's my 1987 Stage II.
    Serial number 78

[​IMG]

He's on the right.
    On the left my 1989 Thumb :D :D

8. That is the nicest thumb i have ever seen!

9. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy

Oh, thanks... :rolleyes:

10. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
  11. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Thanks Ari, I don't take pictures very often, I think I just got lucky finding a way to do them. By the way, you are one hell of a bass player, every sound clip I have heard from you has been outstanding.

12. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Huh... thanks for the compliments but no, really, I suck! I think "hell of a bass player" would be more suited for people like Adrian Garcia on this board! :D

(I'm sure there are other great players like Adrian around but they don't seem to be willing to post soundclips :bag: )