Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's see those fender J-Basses!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Well, I hate to do it, but I have to. I had such a good time playing my new Fender Active Jazz Deluxe today, that I have to see other folks' jazzes!

Now here's my baby...man, this bass sounds and plays so nicely! The neck is great, I love the feel...very comfortable. (from the new digital camera from christmas...very clear.)

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  3. Not the actual pic, but its the exact same color and everything.

[​IMG]

It may not be much, but its mine. :D

4. MTRatt

MTRatt

Dec 31, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    I don't have one yet. :(

But I will by the end of next week! :D

Later,
    Matt

5. I dont have a digital camera, but I have got a 11yo '62 reissue Vseries. It's sunburst.

6. Beautiful bass there russ :rolleyes: :D

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

8. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    No digital camera here either,but go to Brad Johnson's pic of four Js,take the maple neck with pearl block inlays and black p/g second from left and put those on the three color sunburst body on the right and you have my bass.It's very pretty.

9. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Let me see.. yes, mine is the same as the second from the left (yellow)
    ;)

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Me with the MIA Jazz Five that I kinda wish I still had.

11. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    w/ J-Retro and pearl p/g

[​IMG]

12. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Go see Embellisher's post. Look at the Geddy. That's what I have. Love that thing. Think I'll go play it now...

My first *real* bass was a '78 Jazz antigua finish I got used in '86. LOVED that thing. But I loved having a roof over my head more, and had to sell it for rent. I was young and poor and stupid. I'll mourn that thing forever. :D
    (It was the gray-ish antigua. Not the yellow-ish antigua. I've seen slight variations both ways. The yellow looks like puss. The gray looks like smoke.)

13. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    75 RI Jazz. Signed by V.W.

14. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    here ya' go.... but two are up for sale, one is headed to get new pickups installed and one is buzzing on the d string about the 12th fret... gonna get that looked at as well...

P@

[​IMG]

15. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  16. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Aha! You are the one who bought that Jazz out from under me on ebay! :mad: ;) That Blue is a beaut.

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Wasn't me, G. I bought the Blue one from Atomic Music... had it since ~1999-2000. It's been J-Retro'd and it went from nice to nasty!;)