1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's see who has the most commonly sold basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassist Jay, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Like the title says. It can be American made or made in other countries but let's see everyone's basses that are the most common.

Mine is probably my 2009 Music Man Stingray 4H that is black on black pickguard with an all maple neck, fretboard and headstock. I can tell how many musicians I have seen playing this exact bass set up but I like it and love not only the way it sounds but looks too. I'm one of those folks who loves black basses and guitars.

f6229b01.

Probably the other one that I have that is also a very commonly sold bass is my 2005 Music Man Sterling 4H in Natural with white pickguard and all maple neck, fretboard and headstock.

02-22-2011BassPictures051.

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    All of my basses are unlined fretless. That leaves mine out of the commonly sold.

3. JMimbs

JMimbs

Jan 5, 2012
    Central Florida
    My only bass at this point is a MIM Precision. So far the only things I've replaced are the knobs and the bridge, but I still have the originals of both.

Mine's white on white with a rosewood fretboard though; I don't see too many like that.

4. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    Pbass , burst , rosewood , tort .

.... and a thing of terrible beauty .

5. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Same here, with an extra string.

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    If you could somehow incorporate the tree reflections into the finish, that would be the coolest of all time, in any dimension.

7. You know, I've never thought of that, I would love that kind of finish on my bass! You are onto something good there.:hyper:

8. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    This is probably a pretty good representation of “common” US basses; the old headstock fretless G&L SB1 isn’t real common, but the MIA Jazz, MIA P, 4003, and StingRay 4 are often seen for sale.

GLJazzPRicMM.

In fact MY Piezo bridged StingRay is in the TB Classifieds right now. I just can’t “bond” with her, and I think it’s a waste of a very nice bass to just let it sit in a case, so it's on the market.

9. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Diggin' the SB-1!

10. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Nice basses Edbass. I'm loving that SR4 in the back!

11. I like that multi guitar stand ,

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

3-tone MIA Precision w/tort & rosewood board: common
    Precision V Black & maple. Slightly less common.

13. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I had one, tough to not scratch the other basses when removing one.

14. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Yes, it is when all of the slots are filled, for gigs I put a max of three basses per case. Plenty of room for switching on the fly without bumping basses, quicker and easier than conventional stands.

I just filled the case shown for a family pic of the MIA "classic standards" in my stable.