Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets see your bad ass's...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tecx, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Ok, lets see your aftermarket add on's of a bad ass bridge....

Alex;)

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    mim deluxe jazz, how's this

4. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Picture bad....

Bass GOOD!!!

It's a '69 P-bass that was thrashed when I bought it, spray-painted(!) black w/ disco machine heads, etc- The bridge was rusted & was the first to go,replaced with of course a Black Bad-Ass II, like the rest of the new black chrome hardware.

This P-Bass has a neck that it unreal, and is a player's bass to the MAX!

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    arrrg, vintage p-bass's are my ting!... Must see a better pic.... I love 60's p-bass's!!!!!

Alex

6. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I don't have a digital camera, so I can't show you my Bada** on my Kingston, but I'll try to when I get the new pickguard on it.

7. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I'm sorry the picture sux, Alex, maybe I can sneak a digital camera past my wife on the charge card!:D

But since you commented (& since I love to talk about this axe!)
    I had the bass stripped & refinished to a great natural alder grain (once again, the picture sux!),
    Then had the maple neck re-fretted & sanded down to natural, leaving the "sheen" on the headstock only, & lightly coated with tung-oil.
    The pups are Duncan passive quarter-pounders, very nice compression. Machine heads are Fender,
    all black chrome hardware, new pickguard & last but not least the BAD ASS II.
    These bridges lay just so right on a Fender Bass-
    great intonation, great action- it's a mod that is worth making, even for a purist who wants an all-original bass.
    I feel like I rescued this bass from the pound-its a real pleasure playing it, and it has a 30+ year tone mojo too!

8. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I almost want to call you a bastard! (just jokin').. man, that is one sweeeeeet bass. I love vintage fenders, I am looking for a 70's jazz right now.... I love natural finish. my '79 Ibanez Roadstar II is natural ash, with a maple neck/fretboard (which i sanded and finished with tung oil too!)... Well all I can say is keep rockin' and keep thumpin' cause that is what that axe MUST DO!.. you are a lucky man...

Alex

9. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Hey, check out some other threads, I've been called worse!!:D
    And the funny thing is, I had no intention of adding another 4-string-I had my Sterling, I was all set, BUT- when I saw this P-Bass and felt it's vibe
    (and the neck) that was it! I had to have it-it was a project to resurrect that bass.
    Good luck in your search for the right mojo Jazz bass; I have seen some sweeet ones, too..
    Thanks,
    LNJ

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Man, I have an almost uncontrollable urge to sit on my scanner!

:D :D :D

11. I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

12. ChaosGwar.....My thoughts exactly.....:D

13. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    early 80s Jazz with badass II

14. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Gfab-That is one nice J-Bass- very cool color!

BTW- for those of you who feel the urge to sit on their scanners-please don't!:D

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    's shows possession...or signifies the use of a contraction. did you mean bad asses? plural, right? i'm just messin' with ya....i'm bored at work. can you tell?

16. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    LarryJ,

That great color is a faded, yellowed, worn, 1982 Fender Olympic White. Thanks!

17. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    :D
    Now that's funny!
    I thought it was a special custom-shop original Dupont "ochre-yellow limited edition" or something!
    It has aged well, and as my tech said when re-finishing my P-Bass:
    "It doesn't matter if they're pink w/ yellow polka-dots,a Fender is still going to sound GREAT!"
    He recommended that I leave my P-Bass spray-painted black w. multiple dings; said it "had character".
    One mo' time: Nice J-Bass!
    Hey come to think of it,pink w/yellow polka dots-
    that might work.....

18. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Damm Gfab333 now im really feelin that jazz!

19. it now has a j-retro so the pic isnt current

20. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Badass II Standard Equipment thanks to Jeff Berlin's preference. Looks nice in gold.

[​IMG]