Lets see your best friends........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 1SHOT1HIT, May 3, 2012.

1. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    The one that's there for you no matter what happens, The one that loves you no matter what you do, even when you get mad at them.
    The one that genuinely gets excited EVERY time you walk through the door to the point that they can barely contain themselves.
    The one true friend that would fight for you regardless of your opponents size or strength and never back down.
    The friend that is always ready to play with you, always ready to hang out with you no matter where your going or what your doing.
    The friend that never passes judgement on you even when you wear that stupid Christmas sweater your mother in law bought for you three winters ago that's two sizes too small and looks absolutely ridiculous but you wear it anyway to make your wife happy.
    The friend that will gladly sit at your feet while you practice those horribly out of tune bass lines that you think sound oh so good, long after the rest of the family has moved you into the furthest back room of the house and closed the door.
    They didn't buy you those huge head phones for Christmas because you looked cute in them, even if they told you they did.

There aren't many that would put up with half that they do, and it's time they get some credit for all that loyalty and compassion that they share with us everyday.

Okay people if you haven't figured it out yet I'm talking about your dogs, mans best friend.....

What kinda dog do you have and how long has he/she been a part of the family.

Here's mine He is a Great Dane, his name is Tux (His white patch is shaped EXACTLY like the lapels on a tuxedo.
    He is 6 this year and has been in the family since he was 6 weeks old and only 17 pounds.
    He now weighs well over 250 pounds if I had to guess.
    He can stand up and pull his treats down from the top of our almost 6 foot tall refrigerator.
    A true giant but the most gentle of them all. He will sit and cuddle with our son even when our son was younger than a year. He seems to know that it's a baby and to be careful.

IMAG0466.jpg
    IMAG0472.jpg
    Yes he is packing a Sig P238 .380 & a Springfield Armory EMP .40
    Everyone carries in our house even the baby:D. Lol no
    They were for a thread called your dogs and your guns on another forum.
    IMAG0459.jpg

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I believe there are multiple threads where people have posted pictures of their dogs...

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This one is new though....it's a show your dogs hiding in the grass thread.

-Mike

4. Did you really strap two guns to your dogs neck??? Wow... just, wow...

5. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Lol.
    These threads make me miss my cats. They were effing awesome!
    I had to go by the exes place the other day, and she told me one of the old grumpy ladies on the HOA complained to her neighbor about how one cat is always climbing up trees.
    The cat maybe gets out once a week, if it times its escape with the opening of the front door well, and is usually returned to the house within a minute or two.
    I think she's not a cat person.

6. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Figured it'd be a decent thread, not to many people that don't have dogs, and love em like one of the family.

I've seen a few posts about people talking about their dogs and figured people would like to share.

If you don't want to participate by all mean, carry on with whatever you'd like.

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Here's my pit, obviously ready to rip my face off and slay children at random orphanages :p:

rosie-1.jpg

Actually she's my girl, she follows me everywhere and is my best buddy. She'll sleep like a baby if she's curled up with one of my or my youngest son's t-shirts. She's really attached to him as well.

her and my middle son taking a nap after an intense game of frisbee football:

mky.jpg

8. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Yep, :D

The point was to take a pic with your dogs and guns in one shot and I couldn't get him to stay in the shot with the guns, so this worked out pretty well.

I know it's sooooo incredibly crazy, I'm such a strange guy. Wow sums it up pretty well. This really takes the cake for incredible off the wall things I've seen too. <--Insert sarcasm here :rollno:

There was a reason, and he had them on for all of maybe 3-1/2 seconds.

9. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Yeah I love the Pit haters, my great dane is my first non pit dog.
    I've had more pits than I knew what to do with. I love them as a good family dog.
    But they tend to be too energetic as puppies and I wasn't wanting to go through with it again.

10. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Wait, your a cat person? I was really starting to think you were okay for a while there.:bag:

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    She was energetic as hell when she was a pup but she was actually my brother's dog at the time and they had a huge yard that she had the run of. She would burn off massive amounts of energy when she was a young 'un.
    Now, as long as she gets a decent walk every day and gets to chase a squirrel she's fine. Calmest dog I've ever had

12. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Well, no pits, big dogs, or guns here. This little guy, Moss, came with my wife, but he's my best buddy now. He's a yoodle, or a porky - poodle/yorky mix.

[​IMG]

I said I'd never own a small dog, but, well... He's awesome, although like a lot of small dogs he can be on the yappy side. Overall though, he's fantastically well trained and smart.

I really want an Irish Wolf Hound or a Great Dane some day.... I think they probably crap bigger than Moss.

13. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I am. I dont dislike dogs, but Ive always been preferable to cats.
    I seem to bond with them more, and appreciate their independance.

14. Marv, my catahoula mix, my best bud.
    0903002231.jpg
    And here he is getting ready to go to work at the homebrew shop
    marv.jpg

15. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    She's weighs over 50 pounds...

Attached Files:

16. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

How about "show your daughter's service dog hiding in the elementary school staff picture?"

Attached Files:

17. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    I agree with keiththebassist.

The fact that you're in such denial only reinforces my (and his) opinion on your lack of forethought.

Don't mean to highjack the thread, but I can't believe somebody in this world was dumb enough to start a "guns & dogs" thread. There's almost an unlimited amount of facepalming in there. What's next? Guns and baby threads?

Yes, wow!

Nice dog, but the owner needs some common sense knocked into him. And/or perhaps some smarts, too.

18. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    Pretty funny stuff. Made me chuckle. :)

That dog needs to learn to hide better, though. lol!!

19. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Yeah they really do chill out a lot after the first year, but the spastic behavior and bouncing off the walls was just not gonna work this time around with two young kids. We will definitely be getting more soon.

It's taken everything in me to not save a few from the shelter.

20. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Completely kidding, I have a soft spot for all animals, I'm not a huge cat fan but compare it to a human and I'd go with the cat all day long. :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021